Prism Specular?

TokyoDolly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Have you tried using a rainbow-like texture (like a sculptmap or another very colorful texture) for a specular map yet?

If not, give that a go...

This pic I took when using a freebie texture from this freebie place at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Oleg/107/8/21

The diffuse map is a free silk texture from the vendor there called "A - Aqua Silk", no normal map and the specular map, as you can see, is "buntolo.jpg". Of course, use a better texture if you have one...

image.png.1f87ff8aa29d5f18f0c7a6f32fa5ecf8.png

• Like 1

I'm not sure I understand what you want to make. I am assuming you mean a specular map that is a bit like the iridescence seen in an oil film on water or a soap bubble. Prism... as in breaking light into colors?

You might pull something like that off by animating the texture. The diffuse animation would need to look static and specular would change frame to frame.

I cannot think of anyway to have CGI textures change color based on the directions of light. It just isn't programmed into the system. The closest I might come would be to use what we call onionskin animation, where you have the object in several poses and then change visibility to simulate animation. Each pose could have a shifted spec map.

4 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Have you tried using a rainbow-like texture (like a sculptmap or another very colorful texture) for a specular map yet?

If not, give that a go...

This pic I took when using a freebie texture from this freebie place at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Oleg/107/8/21

The diffuse map is a free silk texture from the vendor there called "A - Aqua Silk", no normal map and the specular map, as you can see, is "buntolo.jpg". Of course, use a better texture if you have one...

image.png.1f87ff8aa29d5f18f0c7a6f32fa5ecf8.png

Thank you so much! Yes I figured it out myself as I was looking at my snokra's skin that I bought from Marketplace but thank you again for this help! Problem solved :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.