System Avi showing through Mesh one

oxxan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

On log in I can see both my mesh avatar and the noob default avatar underneath. I have tried resetting back to noob and re attaching everything but it doesn't change it (even with different full body alphas from different stores.) I updated the FS bridge. I have relogged, tried logging in after removing all at various sims to help and even did a clean reinstall of FS and installed the LL viewer too. The LL viewer does the same as the FS viewer shows the same issue. Thought it might be a PC issue but the same thing happens when using a different PC or even the phone on lumiya. The only thing I have found to fix it on my side is if I go into edit shape. I don't need to actually change my shape at all I just need to click edit shape 9without moving sliders or saving) and I appear normal again. However, that is only on my screen, others see me still clouded or a funny shape. When I try to change shape for them to see if they see difference they say I don't change at all. My gf who is a creator said perhaps try with new eyebrow, system skin and a new shape as a way to reset it and start over, we tried this too and still nothing worked. 

I even went as far to get redeliveries of my body, head and tried to make a new shape to save and start over in hope it fixed but it still is the same mesh/noob issue on a relog.

Does anyone know what might have caused this? I tried to see if my alt was effected but they are absolutely fine with no issues.

11 answers to this question

wear the alpha layer as, if right, is provided in the mesh body folder, thats really all you can do. If it doesn't help it cán be a texture problem, clearing cache can help as last resort.

Edited by Ethan Paslong

Yes tried all of those ideas, everyone sees me as a cloud, I see myself normal after some messing about but no one else does. All my other avis are fine and normal. Even they see this particular avatar as a cloud also. I did the whole system eyes, system skin, shape etc, char test, rebulding from scratch I really cant understand it. Submitted a ticket maybe its a server issue. Thank you for the help though

All your symptoms point to inventory corruption - specifically in your Current Outfit folder.
Basically your avatar bakes are failing. The only reason you see yourself correctly after editing shape is because this forces you to see the local bake of your avatar on your screen only.
If your Current Outfit folder is corrupted, your avatar bakes will fail.
It's probable that you have more then one Current Outfit folder, but note that the duplicate folders may not be visible to you in your inventory.

You should contact Linden Lab support & they can fix your inventory.
https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131009-contact-support

If you are a premium member, use live chat.
If you are basic (or premium) member you can file a support ticket.

• Like 1

Thank you Whirly I messaged them yesterday but will do so again with what you just said. It is definitely an inventory issue. Not a premium member as this was just a RP alt (albeit a very expensive all meshed out one). Hoping they get back to me soon and understand the issue as well as you just did, its no fun being a cloud to everyone else or odd shape to everyone else.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 1:19 PM, oxxan said:

On log in I can see both my mesh avatar and the noob default avatar underneath. I have tried resetting back to noob and re attaching everything but it doesn't change it (even with different full body alphas from different stores.) I updated the FS bridge. I have relogged, tried logging in after removing all at various sims to help and even did a clean reinstall of FS and installed the LL viewer too. The LL viewer does the same as the FS viewer shows the same issue. Thought it might be a PC issue but the same thing happens when using a different PC or even the phone on lumiya. The only thing I have found to fix it on my side is if I go into edit shape. I don't need to actually change my shape at all I just need to click edit shape 9without moving sliders or saving) and I appear normal again. However, that is only on my screen, others see me still clouded or a funny shape. When I try to change shape for them to see if they see difference they say I don't change at all. My gf who is a creator said perhaps try with new eyebrow, system skin and a new shape as a way to reset it and start over, we tried this too and still nothing worked. 

I even went as far to get redeliveries of my body, head and tried to make a new shape to save and start over in hope it fixed but it still is the same mesh/noob issue on a relog.

Does anyone know what might have caused this? I tried to see if my alt was effected but they are absolutely fine with no issues.

omgosh im having the same problem..please let me know if you get it fixed

On 3/6/2019 at 4:06 PM, oxxan said:

Yes tried all of those ideas, everyone sees me as a cloud, I see myself normal after some messing about but no one else does. All my other avis are fine and normal. Even they see this particular avatar as a cloud also. I did the whole system eyes, system skin, shape etc, char test, rebulding from scratch I really cant understand it. Submitted a ticket maybe its a server issue. Thank you for the help though

Since I socialize so little in SL, this makes me think that I need to log an alt on more often to check out how my appearance is to others.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Well I know Chyna did get her issue sorted within 24 hrs, they went and fixed her inventory. Ive sent two tickets now, the first being last Wednesday and I am still waiting they are still being "processed" . Literally nothing I can do I just stop logging in out of frustration

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.