Wedding Venue Wanted

Rick Quonset

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2019 at 2:00 AM, Rick Quonset said:

On 2/21/2019 at 2:00 AM, Rick Quonset said:

On 2/21/2019 at 5:28 AM, norajulian said:

for 20,000L you can get a pretty decent package

you must be kidding .... 384-200 real hard dollars .... 80 is a lot less but still... come on...

Rick, contact a landlord, tell what you want and rent a parcel (for a week or so, to set up and the real party). Hire a DJ, and buy for 1500 L some nearly free decor at MP... ask your friends to help
Invite a good friend as best man, and another as minister. For a fraction of the cost those others offer you have the best wedding ever.

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

you must be kidding .... 384-200 real hard dollars .... 80 is a lot less but still... come on...

Rick, contact a landlord, tell what you want and rent a parcel (for a week or so, to set up and the real party). Hire a DJ, and buy for 1500 L some nearly free decor at MP... ask your friends to help
Invite a good friend as best man, and another as minister. For a fraction of the cost those others offer you have the best wedding ever.

Lets break this down:

You will need a 1/4 parcel on a full region (that gives you 25 guest. Yes, many reputable land companies allocate how many people you can have on a shared region). Cost - L$3000

You are designing this wedding alone so add an additional week unless you plan on spending all day and night creating your perfect wedding. Cost for land total L$6000

• Decor, let's say you can do a full wedding design with L$1500
  • DJ, Typical wedding 3 hours (1 hr ceremony/2 hr reception) - L$3000 (1000 hr)
  • The wedding ceremony system (walks, passing of ring, kiss, etc) L$2000 
    • If you want help by having someone who knows what they are doing controlling the animations so you don't have to L$1000 (the low point)
  • Couples and Singles dance machine -L$5000
  • A MP cake - L$100
  • Officiant (if your friend cant do it for free) - L$1000
  • Photographer (if you want professional ones) -L$2500 (for 5 photos by a novice wedding photographer)

Total for just these basic items : L$ 21,1000 and you now have a bunch of items you will hopefully never use again.

While it can be fun to do it yourself it is not always the "cheapest" option.

Edited by LolaSirena

45 minutes ago, LolaSirena said:

You will need a 1/4 parcel on a full region (that gives you 25 guest. Yes, many reputable land companies allocate how many people you can have on a shared region). Cost - L$3000

nonsens.. you can ,if agreed, use a smaller parcel for a few hours with up to 50-75 avatars without troubles others on the sim not being able to come in. It's not that a full sim is needed for a whole week. A 4096 sqm parcel is large enough for a wedding. 1500-1900 for a week. If all other people who rent on the sim know there is a party for a few hours, INVITE them... and most won't complain about a few hours lag. Most visitors will leave as fast as possible anyway..large groups of avatars aren't exactly the best places to be. A lower rate of invites than 40/50 avatars is alsways reccomendable.

You are designing this wedding alone so add an additional week unless you plan on spending all day and night creating your perfect wedding. Cost for land total L$6000

not sure how you decorate, but can do landscaping and decor a whole region in about 2 days, and a wedding decor isn't really rocketscience.

Decor, let's say you can do a full wedding design with L$1500

• DJ, Typical wedding 3 hours (1 hr ceremony/2 hr reception) - L$3000 (1000 hr)
  • A MP cake - L$100

on these i agree totally

• he wedding ceremony system (walks, passing of ring, kiss, etc) L$2000 
    • If you want help by having someone who knows what they are doing controlling the animations so you don't have to L$1000 (the low point)
  • Couples and Singles dance machine -L$5000
  • Photographer (if you want professional ones) -L$2500 (for 5 photos by a novice wedding photographer)

Total for just these basic items : L$ 21,1000 and you now have a bunch of items you will hopefully never use again.

skip the laggy and always buggy walks, ringboxes often already have animations for proposals build in. The kiss can be done with a normal AO or hugger, spending thousends on that is just stupid.

Most people have their own dancing huds.. and know why? because they like those dances and hate the cheap garbage that's still sold in dancemachines for 5k. When you have a chim/dancemachine, you have enoug with a handfull coupledances and same amount singles... no need to spend thousends again.

For pics... ask a friend, no need at all to hire somebody, they use THE SAME cam system as everybody else uses, a little, minor skills in a photo editor will give you the same results.

With a little time investment you can easely do a wedding, that's never forgotten, for less than half what you say.

I seen your prices.. for a full wedding between 27 to 55 K(and up)... great, but OP asked for other options.

Edited by Ethan Paslong

3 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

nonsens.. you can ,if agreed, use a smaller parcel for a few hours with up to 50-75 avatars without troubles others on the sim not being able to come in. It's not that a full sim is needed for a whole week. A 4096 sqm parcel is large enough for a wedding. 1500-1900 for a week. If all other people who rent on the sim know there is a party for a few hours, INVITE them... and most won't complain about a few hours lag.

not sure how you decorate, but can do landscaping and decor a whole region in about 2 days, and a wedding decor isn't really rocketscience.

on these i agree totally

skip the laggy and always buggy walks, ringboxes often already have animations for proposals build in. The kiss can be done with a normal AO or hugger, spending thousends on that is just stupid.

Most people have their own dancing huds.. and know why? because they like those dances and hate the cheap garbage that's still sold in dancemachines for 5k. When you have a chim/dancemachine, you have enoug with a handfull coupledances and same amount singles... no need to spend thousends again.

For pics... ask a friend, no need at all to hire somebody, they use THE SAME cam system as everybody else uses, a little, minor skills in a photo editor will give you the same results.

With a little time investment you can easely do a wedding, that's never forgotten, for less than half what you say.

If you want to spend the time finding a land company and talking to all the neighbors to make sure it is going to be okay then go ahead and spend the time.

If there is one thing on Second Life I know how to do very well... it is sim design. Unless the couple have the time and skills to create a venue on their own or just don't care how it looks (just plop down anything) it will take more than two days and for many more than a week. You do have to add in the time of searching for items, price comparison vs land impact, placement, modifying, etc etc.

Your idea on animations are antiquated.

Most people do not have their own dancing HUDs. There is a reason why live music venues still have to invest in couple dance machines. You have to always consider your guest.

By your comment on photography I can tell you don't really value others creative expertise given you think "a little minor skills" gets you the same results.

Don't get me wrong I love when people jump into their creative side and make things on their own. It makes it sweeter when you did everything yourself. I actually create videos on how people can modify items and  help residents on how to create their parcels/regions considering their abilities and whats most cost effective. Your approach and obvious disregard for others expertise in world is misguided and bad advice. Just because you don't see the value. 

16 minutes ago, LolaSirena said:

Your approach

my approach was a response to the OP, but because you felt somebody didn't agree with your blown up rates you start derailing this thread wiht making it a discussion if a low budget wedding is possible or not. And you'r simply wrong.

25 minutes ago, LolaSirena said:

Just because you don't see the value.

absurd statement, has nothing to do with the thread.. again : OP asked for less expensive options, and i gave him a opinion. Not to you, not about you, till you moved in because you felt attacked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

my approach was a response to the OP, but because you felt somebody didn't agree with your blown up rates you start derailing this thread wiht making it a discussion if a low budget wedding is possible or not. And you'r simply wrong.

absurd statement, has nothing to do with the thread.. again : OP asked for less expensive options, and i gave him a opinion. Not to you, not about you, till you moved in because you felt attacked.

Why do I feel attack? Same as you felt the need to suggest how it is cheaper to do it yourself. I offered the counter argument to that and the "inflated" costs the couple will incur doing it themselves.

If the couple is still looking for a wedding company... clearly they have decided a DIY wasn't for them or the very least a last resort. His less expensive is 20K. There are plenty of places he can get all that he asked for in his original post for 20K or less without having to do it all alone which can ultimately cost more. 

Back to my closing statement to my original response to you. While it can be fun to do it yourself it is not always the "cheapest" option. 

It is comical how I am "derailing" this thread and "felt attacked" but you still feel the need to respond back to me. You can always stay on your high horse and ignore my counter arguments. Derailment avoided.

9 hours ago, Rick Quonset said:

I'm not interested in renting land etc.  I suppose I'm just surprised at the high cost for a really nice wedding.

it's in SL no different as RL, if you want a ready to go package for a celebration you will need to pay a fee that matches your wishes, and that's always a scary thing to se on the last line of the bill :)
At the websites like Lola showed you, you can see what the costs are, find the package you like and put things in motion, you'll probably only need to adjust your budget..ór wishlist.

• 5 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.