Maitreya Autohide - issue with unhiding

Jazaar Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi :)

When using the Maitreya Autohide script with my own outfits, to hide and restore my body alpha settings, I generally just include the script in a little prim that I save with my Outfit. Works like a charm, turning off the appropriate alphas when I wear the Outfit and turning them back on when I change outfits or detach it.

However I am now selling clothing on Marketplace, and finding a little hurdle. Having a separate little prim I attach for my own outfits is fine but not what I want for a sellable product, I don't want people having to attach a separate item for the alphas. Initially, I just linked my little prim with the saved alpha script into my clothing build. This works when attaching the clothing item, turning off the correct body alphas. But it doesn't work when detaching the clothing item - the body alphas are not restoring, and I have to go to the Maitreya HUD and restore them manually. Something about that prim being linked seems to cause it to work for attaching but not detaching.

In looking at what other vendors have done, where they are successfully applying body alphas and then restoring them upon clothing detach, I see that they have the Maitreya Autohide script in the root prim attached to the right hand. I tried that on my build, but then the Autohide script isn't working at all - it doesn't turn off the body alphas.

So... clearly I am missing a little something here. :) Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thank you!

Jaazaar

24 minutes ago, Jazaar said:

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Make the clothing mod so we can remove autofail.

Honestly I would prefer if it would work the way you described - but it doesn't. In half of the cases it flips the to be hidden segments back to visible... 

When I picked up my Autohide package, it came with stuff for putting directly into clothing and stuff for creating that stand-alone prim.  So maybe go back to the original delivered package and find the pieces and instructions for putting the scripts directly into the clothing.

• Like 1

That was a good thought, LittleMe, thank you! The notecard for the Autohide from Maitreya didn't address the question specifically but it gave me a clue to try and it worked! The trick was to add the script to the new clothing items root prim then touch the root prim to get it to save the alpha settings. Once that was finalized and I took the clothing back into my inventory and wore it and took it off, it all works as it should. :):)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wouldn't it be simpler to put the script into the clothing itself and not add another prim to contain it?

Let me make another plea for making mesh clothing mod. There may be future improved versions of the auto hiding script. If the clothes are mod, your customers can replace the script with the updated one. If they are no-mod, they are stuck with what's there. I have some nice fitmesh clothes with the previous version of the script that does not unhide when the item is removed. I can't update them with the V4 script because they are no-mod. Grrrrr!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.