Hollow prims causing avatar bounce...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am running into the following problem...

Standing on any floor prim with hollow at any level causes my avatar to bounce up an down.

I have tried using 40m x 40m x 0.5m cylinder with a hollow of 40%.  Thinking it might be a megaprim problem, I created a 10m x 10m x0.5m cylinder.  No problems if there is no hollow, but once hollow is used the AV bounces.

I have tried it in 3 SIMS and at varying elevations.

Any suggestions on this problem? Has a JIRA been filed?

I just tested this, made a 40x40x0.5 cylinder megaprim with 40% hollow. I stood on it and didn't have any bouncing problems. I also tried the same thing with the 10x10x0.5 cylinder with 40% hollow. Didn't notice any bouncing with that either.

Sorry I don't have the answer to your problem. Hopefully someone else who has ran into this problem will be able to help you.

Hmmmm... The new update to V2 has LL's answer to jiggly boobs (that's the new "bounce feature"), but you'd only see it with that viewer.  Whenever you use a megaprim as a floor, though, you will see it register on the sim's Top Colliders list. You may have noticed that when you walk on a megaprim, you are always floating a little bit higher than you are on bare ground or a normal prim. Also, when you cut or dimple a prim, you don't affect its bounding box. That's why we're always advised to install cut megaprims with the cut side facing down, away from people. I suspect that it doesn't take much to upset the sim's physics engine and make you bounce a little.

What is odd about all of this is it is happening with floor prims that have existed in SL from anywhere from weeks to years.

It is only happening with a cylinder, if i change the prim type to rectangular the bouncing stops.

It is not just mega prims, a newly rezzed cylinder has the same effect.

I have tried different materials, same effect.

I am using the latest version of SL Viewer 2, no Avatar physics objects being worn.

this is probably due to the physics changes that went in recently to correctly reduce gapless bumps with vehicles... if this is still occurring for you, I'd suggest posting here, along with the region name and server version (help --> about in the viewer) so they can check on it

I had a bouncy avatar problem a couple of months ago, everytime I logged in or TP`d my avatar would bounce off the floor & the walls if the floor happened to launch me into them,  until everything had rezzed and then it would settle down. Even before the screen appeared I could hear my avvie colliding with everything lol

It turned out to be caused by the scripts in my boots....Any no they weren`t scripts to cause bounce, they were resize scripts.

I have no idea, it went on for ages and I was baffled what was causing it. I considered megaprims and everything, it was someone else that suggested I take off attachments and I happened to start with my boots and it stopped LOL :D

They did have a LOT of scripts in them, one in each prim and they were very primmy. The creator has since redone the boots with just one script in each part and the problem never came back.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.