Some friends account cant login

mchanbuddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, mchanbuddy said:

i am trying to help them relogin i send a ticket to linden lab no reply yet pls help 

For starters, I would have your friend that is having the issue be the one to submit the support case. 

If it's an account related issue as to why your friend can't log in (forgotten password or issue resetting password, for example) I would not expect LL Support to provide any information at all to you about the friend's account.  

If it's a technical issue, still the friend should submit the support case (or create the forum post).  For technical issues, it's difficult to troubleshoot and get feedback when the conversation has to go through someone else - it just adds another layer and time delay to a topic that can be confusing in itself. 

• Like 1

Just now, mchanbuddy said:

They can't submit

They can't even log on to the website here?  If that is the problem, they can make a new account, an "alt".  Just sign up for SL again, like they did the first time.  Then, they log in to the SL website, go to Help/Support/Create a Support Case.  They should give the name of the problem account.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mchanbuddy said:

They can't submit

If they go to Support -> Submit a Support Ticket (which can be done using the support link at the bottom of the secondlife.com page without logging in) they should then get an option to either log in with their SL account or to continue as guest.  If they choose 'continue as guest' they should then be able to create a support ticket for an account related issue.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.