Wifi keeps kicking in and out

MakaSnow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi mine is kind of doing the same thing like the other person is and once i login i'm fine but when it take like 15 or 20 mins to kick my mom wifi in and out and i don't know how to fix this 

can anyone help me please and thank you 

Edited by MakaSnow

3 answers to this question

Many SL residents have no trouble at all with wifi, or at least never notice that their FPS is lower than it ought to be.  Linden Lab neither recommends nor supports the use of wifi, however, so your experience may vary.  In general, if you have a choice, avoid wifi in SL.

WiFi is highly dependent on the age of your access point. WiFi generally comes in two favors, 2.4 and 5 GHz. The 5GHz signal doesn't travel well. Electrical devices in the home can interfere. Walls attenuate the signal. People walking between the access point and receiver can break a weak connection. You need signal strength. If you can't get it, run a wire.

You can get a WiFi tester app for your phone. Most are free. You can use that to check signal strength at the place you hope to use the WiFi. Any signal below -60db is questionable. Below -70db and you are unlikely to enjoy the almost connection.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.