I need to create new object in a hud

LeoSevilla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

40 minutes ago, LeoSevilla said:

Thanks for the orientation, it has helped me to create a menu level, hiding it by means of a rotation. It is difficult for me what I want to do, so any idea is welcome.

Like what? Sad to say but we are mere mortals who do not have superpowers such as mind reading.

Alternatively, you could have a shot at constructing the menus using the free facility Furware Text.    Then you could have a single menu panel, and change the names on the buttons on the fly.   

I've had very satisfactory results using Furware in the past.   It takes a bit of time to get the hang of it, but if you take things slowly and follow the very full online tutorials and examples, you should get there.   Worth a try, certainly.

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 1

Thank you very much Innula Zenovka, I think that can solve a problem I had with the texts in the objects, since I was using

llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast (4, [PRIM_TEXT, "text", <0.0, 0.0, 0.0>, 1.0]);

but I left the text floating, so I had to add a new object to adjust it, so if I have 10 menu options, I have to use 20 objects to do it. Well, I will see and study FURWARE text, which seems very interesting.
Greetings and very grateful.

PD: I apologize for my grammar, since I use the translator, since English is not my native language.

2 minutes ago, LeoSevilla said:

Thank you very much Innula Zenovka, I think that can solve a problem I had with the texts in the objects, since I was using

llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast (4, [PRIM_TEXT, "text", <0.0, 0.0, 0.0>, 1.0]);

but I left the text floating, so I had to add a new object to adjust it, so if I have 10 menu options, I have to use 20 objects to do it. Well, I will see and study FURWARE text, which seems very interesting.
Greetings and very grateful.

PD: I apologize for my grammar, since I use the translator, since English is not my native language.

Glad to help.   If you have any more questions about Furware, please ask here and I'll do my best to help (I've also found the creator extremely friendly and willing to help when I've had questions for him in the past).   When I'm making HUDs, in many circumstances I find Furware much better for HUDs than PRIM_TEXT.    Furware is more complex to use but a lot more versatile.

Your English is very good (or your translator is!).  No need to apologise.

I am sure that knowing the FURWARE text would have been perhaps less laborious the creation of the hud, but it is complex to use the FURWARE and I have chosen to finish it with the approach I gave it.
I have it finished and running :-).

PD: But when I have time I will study the FURWARE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.