Animesh help

VirtualKitten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1926 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I like other developers have been looking at animesh and what can be done with it. But I am having some problems getting it all to work.

Simply put i downloaded the sl female form and imported her into sl not expecting much but using blender 2.79 and setting  SL + open sim rigged and then importing into second life . I then copied scripts from the example male in the hope it would do the same thing remembering to add the animesh tick box. Instead it just rotated and jumped up and down. Now the secondlife mesh had an armature fixed to it so i cannot see why it didn't do the same thing as the examples has anyone done this and got it to work as its really basic animesh and uses a lot of rigged components which many builders may be unfamiliar with? I am not sure what I am missing but presume the male core files should do the same thing in a female form

image.thumb.png.60ac7e7471ffc4f5918174c16701ee02.png

@VirtualKitten it's because it has collision volume bones, which in SL have a bind scale around the 0.03, which blender can't handle as it doesn't support bindposes and it assumes those bones scale to be 1 in all axis, reason why those bones scale down squeezing the mesh when trying to animate, indeed the clothing template comes with collision volume bones. Try removing the collision volume bones and the associated vertex groups, making sure it still deforms right for animation, and it should work as expected

Edited by OptimoMaximo
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1926 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.