OUR BIG DAY

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Last Friday, on a whim, I went clubbing - something I rarely do.  Wow wee, did I get lucky.  I NEVER ever expected to meet "the" girl of my dreams, but I did.  It was love at first sight.  I saw her sitting alone by the bar. The most beautiful of all pixels splashed across my screen as I approached. My heart pounded with unfamiliar rhythms of anticipation.  I approached her confidently.  I could tell she was the one for me.  It was obvious she was fending off solicitations from others as it took her a moment or two to acknowledge my presence and IM.  She was stunning.

After some really kind, humorous, and intelligent conversation she invited me back to her little Linden home; a pretty place on the Ubuntu sim.  Everything was going perfectly right.  I could not believe this was happening to me.  

She requested I voice with her.  Sure, I said.  Her voice was so silky soft and sexy.  Her words were so alive.  I was so alive.  After an hour or so I told her, yes, I told her I loved her.  She replied, me too.  And we chatted some more.  I fell sound asleep wrapped in the comfort of her presence and voice.  

Saturday morning I couldn't wait.  I logged in - went shopping (for the ring of course), IM'e her, and tp'd me back to her place.  I got the best AO that would allow me to get on my knee and propose; I popped the big question: "will you marry me?"  YES, she said; yes, yes, yes.  I was in pixel heaven.  

OUR BIG DAY is this Friday.  We are going to the chapel and we are going to get married.  This is my first.

I am asking everyone for assistance.  Lurkers, newbies, oldies, ladies that lunch, the good 'ol boys club guys, PICards, tinies, FIC's, my friends, gays, heteros, furries, and Lycans; I need your help.  Help me 'throw' the most glamorous wedding reception SL has ever seen. 

Describe for me *your* ideal wedding.  Prim horse drawn carriages that carry us from the chapel to the reception? Rez a few Bentleys?  Tux or Tails for the men? What should the bridesmaids wear?  How many people are appropriate in our wedding party?  Rock, Disco, or Lady Gaga?  Would Zindra be perfect for the Honeymoon?  How large a cake?  What types of flowers?  Tell me - help me?

Jacki Silverfall wrote:

My heart breaks with this news. I must now forget that crush I've had. sniff

But, my alt is a horse and I'll carry you and your newly beloved to the alter in my white carrage!

Never to be yours,

Jacki

But, but you never told me.  

I am happy now, anyway.  It is love.  

Lia Abbot wrote:

There were a couple of people getting married on the telly last Friday, and they seemed to do pretty good. Big church, lotsa guests, even some horses. You might want to ask them.

:smileyvery-happy: Look at the link in my previous post in this thread, Lia. Same idea!!!

Lia Abbot wrote:

There were a couple of people getting married on the telly last Friday, and they seemed to do pretty good. Big church, lotsa guests, even some horses. You might want to ask them.

Judging by the speed all the people walked down the Mall afterwards they had the traditional SL wedding lag too :D

Hello Storm. I will start saying that i like so much the way you describe. No only in that topic but in all your topics, although i havent till now the chance to express it. Reading your post i understood that you are very very happy and i think everyone here will get happy too for as much as my feeling is that you are so congenial to all. Till now i 've been in many weddings of some close friends of me but i never got married so i havent that experience and i don't know really what to suggest. On the other side i can understand your agony and your worries because you want everything to be perfect in Friday. For me, the best consultant about the preparation is your instinct and your desires. Follow your instinct and enjoy those special moments for you and your wife, organizing the great ceremony as better as you believe. Also the important for me aren't the clothes or the flowers or the music or i dont know what else, but what you feel, your feelings, your love. I wish you the best really and to have there that special day all the persons you love and they love you. Congrats

Storm Clarence wrote:

Can the bridesmaids wear white? 
No, pastel colours otherwise you might mistake them with the bride.

Should the guys have tuxedos or morning suits?
Tuxedos, light gray.

How many people should we have in the wedding party?
Just the two of you. Skip the wedding party and go straight to the honeymoon step.

Is Zindra a good place to honeymoon?
I have never been to Zindra. 
:smileytongue:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Can the bridesmaids wear white? 
No, pastel colours otherwise you might mistake them with the bride.

Should the guys have tuxedos or morning suits?
Tuxedos, light gray.

How many people should we have in the wedding party?
Just the two of you. Skip the wedding party and go straight to the honeymoon step.

Is Zindra a good place to honeymoon?
I have never been to Zindra. 
:smileytongue:

Pretty much this. ^^

It is tacky and disrespectful for ANYONE other than the bride to wear white. 

Groomsmen in tuxes, the groom in tails is optional. Black tie attire; see above about white.

Typically, the bride picks the size of the party.  Her best friend or sister will be maid of honor plus a few other special people she to whom she wants to say "screw you, skanky ho; I got a man and you have to buy an ugly dress, so suck it, b****!." (< <--- that's a joke, BTW, but it does cross our minds :) )

Georg Stonewall wrote:

Oki here a good advice from a guy. The way I did it: Sit back,
have a glass of whisky
and let your future wife do all the planning. Women anyway have the better taste and can do it much better.

/smiles I've been drinking since I got off my right knee.   :smileyindifferent:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.