Strangers entered my home and were made admins!

PrincessBluejay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So me and a friend are tenants of a small apartment area which is rented out ($60 Linden Rentals #1, Comporellon). One day my friend walked in to find two users she didn't know in her apartment. But strangest of all was the fact that they had been granted admin privileges. Neither of us did this. This is really concerning because they could have easily ejected us from our own home. What is going on here? Has this happened to anyone else? Any answers would be appreciated. Thank you.

3 answers to this question

Hi Princess,

It sounds like you and your friend are renting from a third party landlord, and that's the person you should ask about finding strangers in your apartment. The two people your friend encountered would have been given admin privileges by the landlord, and should have been willing and able to explain their presence. Unfortunately, when you rent from a third party, you are subject to their rules and behavior. IM your landlord and ask what's going on.

Good luck!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3

On 1/12/2019 at 9:51 AM, Whirly Fizzle said:

What do you mean by "admin privileges"?

They could have been previous tenants that were on the A-OK list and were never cleaned out. I used to rent from $60 and before I knew that I needed to clean out the previous owners and visitors (this does not include the landowners) I had people pop in and I couldn't understand why my security was not booting them. Sometimes if it's not turned on (the security) people looking for available apartments will also pop in unaware. Hell, you should always remember to clean out the lists, even after you leave -- after I had left a previous apartment, I kept getting spam messages from some guy who I guess set the apartment as home (even when  my ex-girlfriend and I was living there) from the security how it booted this dude. Every. Day; almost every. hour.

Edited by Laoise Rumsford
taking out a bit of text that made no sense.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.