Sign in to follow this  
Anton Winstanley

How do you delete a account?

Question

On the left of your dashboard in the Account section "Cancel Account".

Though I would HIGHLY recommend not doing it. Just uninstal SL and leave the account with Basic membership and walk away. That way if you do ever change your mind it will still be there waiting for you & lots of people do change their minds even months later & end up having to pay to get their accounts back.

13 answers to this question

On the left of your dashboard in the Account section "Cancel Account".

Though I would HIGHLY recommend not doing it. Just uninstal SL and leave the account with Basic membership and walk away. That way if you do ever change your mind it will still be there waiting for you & lots of people do change their minds even months later & end up having to pay to get their accounts back.

Open your dashboard, by the left Account --> Delete account, although i suggest NOT to delete it because its very possible to regret about it in the future.

Go to your dashboard (log in at secondlife.com) and click Account >> Cancel Account in the sidebar to your left.  It's that easy.

I'd recommend NOT doing that, though.  If you have a Premium account, just change to Basic so that you don't get charged a monthly fee any more, and then walk away.  Leave your account alive.  That way it will still be there when you change you mind in a month or two.  Otherwise, you'll have to pay a $9.95 fee to re-instate your account and have access to all the stuff in your inventory.

Read the correct answers above. And seriously, don't delete it unless you are very sure that you will never be coming back. Otherwise, it will cost you $9.95 to re-instate your account if you change your mind. It's much easier to just walk away and leave your Basic account the way it is now.

Go to your dashboard (log in at secondlife.com) and click Account >> Cancel Account in the sidebar to your left.  It's that easy.

I'd recommend NOT doing that, though.  If you have a Premium account, just change to Basic so that you don't get charged a monthly fee any more, and then walk away.  Leave your account alive.  That way it will still be there when you change you mind in a month or two.  Otherwise, you'll have to pay a $9.95 fee to re-instate your account and have access to all the stuff in your inventory.:matte-motes-impatient:

Read the previous posts in this thread and follow the advice. All of it, including the part about not bothering to delete your account. It's not really necessary.