Is viewer2 doesn't work on windows7 64bit?

Haru Mocha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I tryed several times but keep pup up crush report thing...

chip type: ATI display adapter(0x9712)

DAC type: internal DAC(400MHz)

Adapter string: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Is this correct info for graphic card?

Oh, I don't know how to check that driver is latest or not  (also don't know how to get it :(

14 answers to this question

This AMD page eluded me for a while but I eventually found it again. It provides links to the support sites for all notebook manufacturers that AMD supply graphics cards to. AMD official policy is to recommend updated drivers from OEM sites.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/737-28041SupportforATIMobility.aspx

However, you can if you wish and subject to certain conditions and disclaimers, use the AMD 1.1MB download manager from the link previously posted to download and install Catalyst 11.4 but there is always the possibility of issues arising so AMD provides the following disclaimer:

AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility
AMD Catalyst Mobility is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features. When used with Windows Vista or Windows 7, users may have unwanted experiences.

The Installation Verification Software will prevent driver download on certain notebook products. This is to protect against the installing of drivers that may disable features or functionality provided by the system manufacturer. If unwanted experiences occur using AMD Catalyst Mobility, it is recommended to revert back to the driver provided by your system vendor for your specific platform. Please contact your system vendor for the most recent drivers for your notebook.

Note also:

The following notebooks are not compatible with this release:

• Any notebook launched after this driver release
  • Switchable Graphics enabled notebooks using Intel® chipsets.
  • Toshiba® notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
  • Sony® VAIO® notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
  •  Panasonic® notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
  • Like 1

Hi, In search for new info myself I ran into your post. I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD graphic card in one of my laptops. It does not work with SL. I put forward this issue to Linden Labs, who were not helpful. Through other it became clear that it is about the high definition. That does not work with SL: That was confirmed by Linden Labs. Tried all kinds of things to get around it, but no luck. I now use an old laptop to log onto the grid.

@Sikkim Shino

Not sure what you mean about it being the high definition that does not work with SL. I'm not sure anyone knows (well apart from AMD perhaps) what the HD means in its Radeon series of cards. It's a moniker ATI added with its 2xxx series I think. Perhaps it does mean high definition but it could equally be any other words beginning with h and d. It's totally irrelevant.

Pretty much all ATI/AMD cards that people have been purchasing for years are Radeon HD cards and most work perfectly well with SL. Are you sure you didn't misinterpret what Linden Labs said? If someone actually told you that Radeon HD cards in general don't work, then that person is totally misinformed about graphics cards.

Without details of your specific graphics card and laptop, it's impossible to offer any advice so if you post them, maybe we can help.

Howdy Sikkim,

This is Paully Darkfury. I have no idea if you will actually receive this message or not. Anyhow...... I Google'd Sikkim Shino, and came across a blogspot blog, but there were no posts in it . I blog almost everyday, I blog using LiveJournal. Here;s the URL if you are interested. http://ppatry.livejournal.com/. I saw you, or your words briefly on SL today. This is what prompted me to contact you. You gave me a gmail address for yourself once, I could have sworn that I put it in an address book, but I could not find it anywhere. I'm still tbiman@gmail.com.

Hope that you are okay :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.