Clicked on the sky and hidden object appeared for anyone to control my avi

LoryInfinity52

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello:

I landed on a sim and noticed that the entire sky was marked as clickable with a chair icon. I thought it was a render issue and so I clicked. Next a box appeared in the wall with a skull icon and the hovering text "Touch to control <myname> or take it and wear from your inventory". So it was a hidden malicious object in the sky, to which I inadvertently gave "permission" to control my avi. I inspected it and saw that it has a script with sex animations. I logged out and back in, and the object is still there. I wrote to the owner and told him I was going to report him if he didn't tell me what to do to block it or delete it. There was an automated unavailable reply. I reported the object, but I'm really scared and angry about all this.

What can I do to stop the attack? Can anyone help? Please be as specific as possible, since I'm rather new in SL and have never been the victim of such an attack. Thank you very much in advance!

4 answers to this question

7 hours ago, LoryInfinity52 said:

What can I do to stop the attack?

First of all don't panic. Nothing can hurt you no matter what happens to your pixels, ultimately they are just pixels.

If the owner of the object is the owner of the land, then it's time to find a new region to enjoy. If not, then waiting 4-5 hours should clear you from the object's memory, especially if there is auto return. Even so, you might decide to find a new place anyway! There is a lot to see and do in SL.

While you wait, take a look at some pretty christmas regions :)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/EREBOR/76/175/22

and if you are not into snow, then maybe try some horse riding :)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dimrill Dale/202/55/22

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LoryInfinity52 said:

Can anyone help? Please be as specific as possible, since I'm rather new in SL and have never been the victim of such an attack. Thank you very much in advance!

what to do?  Do Not Go There,  if you don't like what that sim is offering.

If it just are animations or experiences it's exactly as the owner intended.
What i read in your post is nothing to report, you'r no victim and nor any reason to think this was a attack.
Within TOS everybody can put, use and offer all he wants on his land, if the landsetting is right he could even chop your head off, pull your nose or poke your belly, without any valid reason to report or any other action from your side other than: leave.
You threat to report the owner, hope you realise false reports are also reason for actions by LL... but to the reporter, not the reported.

You'r not even clear if it was public land, not just accessable, but real public use, or totally private and you entered it unasked?

Edited by Ethan Paslong

Sadly it sounds like you got pranked by the owner of the sim or someone with rez rights on that sim. Do you have rlv on? if so log out of rlv then detach the item. If not you should be able to just open your inventory and click current outfit and find the item and detach it from yourself. Or if you can actually see the item, right click it and choose to detach from the menu that comes up it should remove it. If it asked for animation permission you can revoke the animation permission in different ways depending upon which viewer you are using. if it was an experience you can go into the experience menu and revoke permission of the experience which should detach the or allow detaching of the item. nothing in sl can be perm attached to you where you cannot get it off, not even using rlv, since rlv can be turned off.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LoryInfinity52 said:

Hello:

I landed on a sim and noticed that the entire sky was marked as clickable with a chair icon. I thought it was a render issue and so I clicked. Next a box appeared in the wall with a skull icon and the hovering text "Touch to control <myname> or take it and wear from your inventory". So it was a hidden malicious object in the sky, to which I inadvertently gave "permission" to control my avi. I inspected it and saw that it has a script with sex animations. I logged out and back in, and the object is still there. I wrote to the owner and told him I was going to report him if he didn't tell me what to do to block it or delete it. There was an automated unavailable reply. I reported the object, but I'm really scared and angry about all this.

What can I do to stop the attack? Can anyone help? Please be as specific as possible, since I'm rather new in SL and have never been the victim of such an attack. Thank you very much in advance!

If you're using the Linden Lab viewer go to "Me" - "Movement" and select "Stop Animating Me." With Firestorm go to "Avatar" - "Avatar Health" - "Stop Avatar Animations & Revoke Permissions." This will take away the permissions you accidentally granted to the object.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.