How do I go about creating sheet music in Second LIfe that I can use on my piano.

Siegfried Sharpesworth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You have the right idea, but it's a long, complicated job.  You need to cut your music up into identical lengths (10 seconds maximum) in a good sound editing program outside of SL.  That's the hard part (or at least the painstaking part).  Valid files are any .WAV file in standard PCM format, 16-bit/44.1kHz/mono or stereo (which will be converted to mono), exactly 10 seconds or less in length. Other formats which don't work include MP3s or WAVs in 8-bit, 22.05 kHz, or any other frequency. You can convert sounds into the proper format using an audio editor like the free Audacity, or a specialized app like r8brain for Windows.  Take a look at THIS VIDEO for advice from Torley Linden about how to do it.

When you have all the pieces, you'll need a script to play them all in sequence. Writing one is not  difficult task for a good scripter, and you might even be able to find one ready-made that you can adapt for your use.

I find this interesting, though maybe you are using the phrase "sheet music" in a meta fashion and meaning how your avatar can play this ect. but really you just want to put an mp3 into SL and have it make noise and RP your av is playing it lol.

BUT, if you really want sheet music for some peice you might find it online and then print it somehow and make an image small by resizing it and upload it lol. BUT, if your piano accepts "sheet music" then it will most likely be in a notecard and notation will be in text and this will instruct your piano. It is possible to do this, sort of, but I imagine it would be very limited or take a very long time for all the notes to download and play in all of the lengths of sustain ect. and it would sound horrible lol. It is possibly to loop a sound in SL and you could load up some synth generated tiny wav files and then make a notecard reading script ect. SO I thought you might meen this lol. But it sounds like you want to upload a sound. But I thought I would post how funny I thought this was because it IS possible.

I think there is a drum machine that does this in SL, but maybe I just thought about making one and looked at a few and never did and forgot if anyone already made one or not.Wow, I waste to much time thinking of ways to make products that are so bad because SL just doesn't exactly support it lol. Ok, moving on..time for something more productive for me!

I beleive three is one ready made....I will search the script libraries...

Here is one from the old old library forum: http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/15/67/10576/1.html

It might still work well enough, not sure. But sound loading can be a bit slow at first, then your cache will grab it and you will have less wait time...well, maybe lol. These days things are snappy and this is a script I heard used way back and it worked alright enough.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.