Empty Sims

asvard17

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Of course not. I have all the names I need. I'm just surprised they're wanting to maintain the clunky Resident-naming mechanism in addition to the new-again one.

If you don't retain the "clunky Resident naming mechanism" (and personally I find that statement to be typical Lastnamer Snob slur), then how can cou convince people to pay for entitlement Club AND pay even more to lose the Resident tag and join the kewl kids with "proper last names" ?

The whole "NEW Lastnames as a cashcow" thing depends on having Residents for the NEW Lastnamers to look down on after paying.

Derp! :) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Of course not. I have all the names I need. I'm just surprised they're wanting to maintain the clunky Resident-naming mechanism in addition to the new-again one.

The only part I did pay attention to was that new last names will again be selected from pre-approved tokens, not coined by the account holder. Speaking of which, today I learned a new Québécois word:

"Tabarnack" is a sort of notorious epithet in Canada. I don't think it's generally used in English-speaking Canada, unless you're doing a sort of parody of Québécois (which sounds very different from le français de France).

French-Canadian swearing seems weird to the rest of us, because it's mostly religious rather than sexual in origin.

How have I not learned this word before now? If the various definitions I found on Google are even close, it's almost the perfect profanity. All-inclusive, gender neutral, the whole bit. I must have it. I suppose I'll have to spend time in Quebec to really get the pronunciation and inflection down pat, though.

Maybe in the spring.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

How have I not learned this word before now? If the various definitions I found on Google are even close, it's almost the perfect profanity. All-inclusive, gender neutral, the whole bit. I must have it. I suppose I'll have to spend time in Quebec to really get the pronunciation and inflection down pat, though.

Maybe in the spring.

You sort of spit it out of the side of your mouth. Pretty easy, really, so long as you're vehement enough.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.