why so little freebies for male AV's?

craigmcconnell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

where can i find decent freebies for male avatars? Skins, shapes, hair, shoes, etc.

Female freebies outnumber male 100 to 1 it seems. I've spent hours searching floor after floor. You can find anything/everything for women but not so for men it seems. Selection very limited. Where are the best places to look? Is there a reason its SO lopsided? I get that women tend to like shopping more, but I havent found much to customize my male AV.

thx

5 answers to this question

You are right that the number of freebies for women and men are very different. From what I remember, most mens freebies were kind of rubbish, but there are exceptions. Body parts - like skins and hair - are hard to come by, at least good ones (don't think I ever found one I liked), so when you see that you are probably going to stay in SL, I recommend investing some money in it and buy a few things. Shapes, by the way, you can easily make yourself. In your inventory, click the plus sign under the list, choose new body part->shape, wear it, rightclick yourself and select Edit shape. Then drag the sliders in the different sections around til you are happy with the result. (It may take a while - there are a lot of things to change)

Another way to get some better quality items are hunts. Unfortunately, hunts for men or hunts with items for men are kind of rare, but if you keep an eye on the fashion blogs for SL, you may spot the odd item you feel like picking up.

Good Luck!

- Luc -

IMHO the freebies you find for males in freebie malls are all rubbish! It won't help you get rid of a noobish look, instead you join an army of clones - guys that all wear the same skin, hear and clothes.

Better idea to get nice freebies is to visit the stores of well-known creators. Many of them give away nice quality freebies!

so i realize this is a 2011 post but theres a big WTF! This chick called Cinn has no clue of what shes taking. Shes a female and she got in here helping nobody. People are still looking for answers you know. I had to as a random stranger to had me some pay'd items just to get me started and i was lucky to be at right place and right time. freebie galaxy is full of female items. The entier 15 floor store is for females. What looks cool it actually costs L$. The Freebee Dungeon is very laggy. The only way i found a few decent clothes were by finding chairs with letters and then wait like half of day for the letter to show up and then sit on it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.