Pregnancy - advice needed

PrincessaSladurana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2049 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm going to qualify my answer before I start by saying I've never been pregnant in SL. But as a result of being asked this very question in the Maitreya Lara Friend's group so often, I decided to work on shaping the body's belly to emulate pregnancy. This is beneficial in that your current clothing will change with the shape so you won't need to buy a lot of extra clothing to work with an add-on. This also prevents the problem with join lines and matching skin tones with add-ons. The Lara belly can end up looking more like a torpedo than a belly easily if not careful when modifying the shape.

If you are member of the Maitreya Lara Friends group, you can find the pregnancy helper in the proportion tool kit in the groups notices. It is free to all group members. The helper guides you through making adjustments to your shape. It's not a bunch of shapes or a hud that will change your shape. There are huds available that will change your shape as well, I've not personally seen them, but have been told they exist on the Marketplace. 

I'm not suggesting one method over another. I just wanted you to know that changing your shape is a real possibility if you don't want to get an add-on.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2

The MA chart mentioned above is a great guide to adjusting your own shape. It will likely need modification to be fully usable with a mesh body, but it's easy to do on the fly. 

If you edit your shape and just yank the belly slider to the right, you get a weird looking pointy belly. Generously adjusting body fat and adding some belly, however, gives a much more natural look. Of course, this makes the entire body thicker; but that would, to a degree, happen in a RL pregnancy.

As an alternative, the Lab belly is lovely, although available in only one size (as far as I know), so for the early months you'll still have to edit your own shape. The Apple May belly has a few sizes but, to my knowledge, is not yet Maitreya compatible. For both, you'll have to use omega applier clothing, unless you can find some non-fitmesh maternity mesh clothing to wear. Editing your own shape allows you to use your current fitmesh clothing.

For the chest, add both size and gravity. 

Edited by Ariel Vuissent
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2049 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.