VallaMiller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

~ There is this person who is mad and targeting me due to I stood up to him for going against sims rules and his own bs.

~ He broke TOS and is sharing pms while adding false info! No I did not give him ANY permission to even give out the pms even if they where 100% legit, I can admit my own mistakes but I did nothing wrong!

~ He is trying to turn everyone against me and has now targeted me for him not being admin no more and new people have stepped up to replace said person.

~ He is sending is alts/bots to the sim that this all went down claiming their someone from real life or friends on the bot/alt to attack and start drama on the server.

~ He is also falsely reporting for harassment and attacking him when he attacked me on discord and here on second Life!

~ I will not show pms as I personally did not get permissions from him to share though he already spreading what he tryna pass as the real pms!

~ He is also targeting anyone who is friends with me on here and have NOTHING to do with the sim, as well as degrading people on sim while sim owner is away after already taking off admin list.

~ Any Advice or Second Life staff please comment or send me a pm in game, DO NOT ASK ME FOR PM RECORDS NOR SAID PERSON NAME IF YOU ARE NOT LL OR SL STAFF!

2 answers to this question

Hello Valla,

You are correct that sharing private messages with others without permission is a TOS violation.  You should file an Abuse Report on this.  Use the Help/Report Abuse menu item in your viewer in world.  Be sure to include whatever evidence you can, including (if you have them) the altered IMs with time stamps, or at least the time and date of the IMs.  Linden Lab keeps logs of ALL IMs, so they should be able to sort out what was actually said, and what was altered.

Try to be both factual and BRIEF in your report.

If you suspect the person is using alts, file an Abuse Report on each one.  Reference the original AR.  If other people are being harassed as well, encourage them to also submit ARs.

Note that simple personal disputes and "drama" are NOT Terms of Service violations and will not be acted on by Linden Lab, no matter how much they aggravate you.  In your Abuse Report(s) stick to actual TOS violations.  Drama is best dealt with by muting people whose behavior you dislike, and banning them from your land.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, VallaMiller said:

~ There is this person who is mad and targeting me due to I stood up to him for going against sims rules and his own bs.

~ He broke TOS and is sharing pms while adding false info! No I did not give him ANY permission to even give out the pms even if they where 100% legit, I can admit my own mistakes but I did nothing wrong!

~ He is trying to turn everyone against me and has now targeted me for him not being admin no more and new people have stepped up to replace said person.

~ He is sending is alts/bots to the sim that this all went down claiming their someone from real life or friends on the bot/alt to attack and start drama on the server.

~ He is also falsely reporting for harassment and attacking him when he attacked me on discord and here on second Life!

~ I will not show pms as I personally did not get permissions from him to share though he already spreading what he tryna pass as the real pms!

~ He is also targeting anyone who is friends with me on here and have NOTHING to do with the sim, as well as degrading people on sim while sim owner is away after already taking off admin list.

~ Any Advice or Second Life staff please comment or send me a pm in game, DO NOT ASK ME FOR PM RECORDS NOR SAID PERSON NAME IF YOU ARE NOT LL OR SL STAFF!

If this person broke the TOS then you should file a clear and concise abuse report from the viewer  - Help menu.  

These are resident forums and rare to see a Linden here but if they do they will tell you the same.  File your abuse report with proof.  Mute and move on with your SL.  Also do not share PMs as you already know this is against the TOS.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.