Darkness and Brightness Feature (Bumpiness)....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Regarding Bumpiness and it's darkness and brightness feature...I've never seen it used (without a bump map, I mean).

So I was wondering, yeah or nay?

I need to know if this teapot where I have the roses part set to darkness on the bumpiness feature is sell-able.  Again, I've never seen any items for sale with this feature.

So, on the teapot (look at just the roses part and IT IS A PROTOTYPE THAT IS NOT FINISHED)....yeah or nay?

Should I give up on selling any items using this feature?  I am unsure about it and would appreciate some feedback.

(Bumpiness DARKNESS feature is turned on in photo #1.  Photo #2 shows how texture looks without bumpiness DARKNESS turned on.)

And, there is no bump map used.  Just bumpiness turned to darkness.

My opinion on it...I'm just not sure.

Snapshot_305.png

Snapshot_306.png

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

I also like #1. On those still images it looks much better.

Personally I sell my stuff the way I (<- that's me) like it.
You could also just sell it with Mod perms, leave the bump enabled, include a notecard with a brief discription how to turn it off/on.

11 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Should I give up on selling any items using this feature?  I am unsure about it and would appreciate some feedback.

Check with different graphics setttings and different windlights before you decide.

The darkness and brightness functions are simply normal maps generated by the viewer and like all normal maps in SL, they can be ratehr unpredictable.

8 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Check with different graphics setttings and different windlights before you decide.

The darkness and brightness functions are simply normal maps generated by the viewer and like all normal maps in SL, they can be ratehr unpredictable.

Yes, I was wondering about how "stable" (for lack of a better word) this look in #1 is regarding different viewers and unique user experiences when it comes to pc's.  I will go have a look now.  Thanks for all the advice.  Offering an option to turn it on and off is a good idea also!  Much thanks for the replies!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.