No redeliver option for marketplace purchases?

JessieHoo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I really hope this feature gets implemented. Honestly, it's at the very top of my list of how to improve the marketplace. But it worries me when I see "hopefully" and "if" used in these statements. I'm looking forward to hearing that it's in the works and not just waiting to be considered.

A Jira Feature Request for buyers being able to ask for delivery of Copy Enabled items purchased through the Marketplace was created a while back and is still open in the system as something that both Linden Lab and the users would like to have implemented.

When and how that implementation might happen is entirely dependent upon what the Devs can do with the system, and how long it may take to actually work on getting it implemented with the current backlog that they are working through. 

So yes, I have included terms such as "hopefully" and "if" because making promises that cannot be delivered is not nice to the users :)

• Thanks 6

Yes, I imagine it to be a huge and very complicated thing to do because, besides the Jira, it has also been raised and requested at almost every MP inworld meeting going back many many years, and also raised here on the forums many times over those several years ( as long as the MP has been owned by SL), and we've always been told that it's either not going to happen or it will be considered. So, it is a very long backlog and this request is way way down the list, or it's been sitting in the too hard basket, or our request has been ignored up until now.

So, there has been progress as it has now been raised by LL as a future feature. Therefore, even with the 'hopefully if', that's a big step forward, and I'll take it ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.