No redeliver option for marketplace purchases?

JessieHoo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, most of my previous purchases are from marketplace instead of from the in-world stores. So if they have an update, I cannot use the "redeliver" option to get a new one. I wonder why is it? Why I cannot have my marketplace purchases redelivered just like those purchased in-world?

Thanks

10 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

I think that inworld redelivery options are a function of the inworld store's vendor system.  Not all inworld stores use the same vendor system.   I'm not sure whether any of the vendor systems are able to track MP purchases or not.  

So, that means purchases from MP are less protected and whether they can be redelivered depends totally on if the merchant has time and patience to read and process your notecard? Not mentioning that if I want to attach a "proof of purchase", I need to spend $10 to upload an invoice, and not mentioning that due to the very out-dated and primitive online order history, if I want to find an invoice several months ago, it may take forever for me to locate it.

I don't know if I would say MP purchases were less protected - the transaction history records for MP purchases stay available for a much, much longer time than purchases recorded in your $L Transaction history (90 day maximum for premium members).

Most likely some merchants with MP stores will chime in before too long and discuss what redelivery options are available to them through the MP. 

The post showed up on my list of unread items, and I answered with what I've observed from inworld shopping and the vendor systems,  and redelivery terminals I've seen in world that are connected with a particular vendor system.  I've also shopped at places inworld that don't have an automated redelivery system. 

4 hours ago, JessieHoo said:

So, that means purchases from MP are less protected and whether they can be redelivered depends totally on if the merchant has time and patience to read and process your notecard? Not mentioning that if I want to attach a "proof of purchase", I need to spend $10 to upload an invoice, and not mentioning that due to the very out-dated and primitive online order history, if I want to find an invoice several months ago, it may take forever for me to locate it.

I'd check the merchant's profile first for how they prefer to be contacted, then act accordingly. If it says nothing about that, send both IM AND notecard. My IMs for example are being forwarded to me by email, so i could send a redelivery from MP almost immediately, while if a customer only sent a notecard it will be sitting there until the next time i log in on SL, which can take several days...

Proof of purchase doesn't require a picture, you can just copy/paste the transaction number. Alternatively, you could upload your picture online for free on http://imgur.com/ or some other site like that, and send the url to the merchant.

And anyway, the only info any Marketplace merchant need from you to issue a redelivery is your name and the name of the item you want redelivered. We don't even really need a transaction number, as we can see what exactly you bought and when by just only typing your name into Order History field, which only takes a minute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

I think that inworld redelivery options are a function of the inworld store's vendor system.  Not all inworld stores use the same vendor system.   I'm not sure whether any of the vendor systems are able to track MP purchases or not.  

Caspervend can track and record marketplace sales, and purchases can be delivered, so long as the merchant has chosen that function.  It is my understanding that most do.

NB: Although I use the Caspervend system and find it to be reliable and brilliant in every way, I am not associated with the company.  Other networked vending systems are available. (possibly)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

Casper does, but most shops didn't set that option up.

• Like 1

In the Sansar store, you can have your store purchases redelivered at any time directly from your purchased listings. I am hoping that Linden Lab will make that service available for the Second Life Marketplace as well. 

Recently I had to switch vendor systems. I was using E2V which had the marketplace connection so MP purchases were able to be redelivered through the terminal at my in-world shop. I now use Capservend which also has that feature. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

I remember a time when no stores had a redelivery system and it always depended on the owner replying...never had a problem with that, they always acknowledged in one form or another.  Also, not sure why you are spending L$ to upload an invoice :(

I once spent 10L to upload a screenshot to show a store owner how the hunt item was broken... if it's worth to you the 10L why not do it?

10 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I once spent 10L to upload a screenshot to show a store owner how the hunt item was broken... if it's worth to you the 10L why not do it?

That circumstance would be appropriate, but the OP made it sound as though it was a regular thing to do it that way...

ETA:  she uses it as a "proof of purchase"...unnecessary to do it that way

Edited by Kylie Jaxxon

24 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If redeliver was a universal option, could that be used / abused for no-copy items?

I never had any issue with E2V delivering a no-copy item, but then again, I don't sell no-copy items. Selling no-copy items IMO, other than gachas or for gifting when a person prefers to hand deliver said gift, is backward thinking in this day and age of Second Life.  But in any case, permissions are listed in the MP so I don't see why it would be an issue to have redelivery turned off for no-copy.

21 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Gyazo, one among many image capture aps,  has a free version available. It's a much better way of showing pictorial evidence.

Market Place offers a "Redeliver" option - but only on the Merchant Sales Report page.

If the seller does not use a compatible vendor system that includes Market Place integration (like CasperVend) OR they do but haven;t set-up the MP integration then you can always ask the creator to (please) manually send you a redelivery. However: they have to find your specific purchase transaction.

This means you need to make it easy as possible for them: Tell them the specific date (Month, day, year) that you purchased it and even the approximate time of day if you can. If you didn't keep those Purchase Receipt emails from MP then go into your own purchase history on your MP account page and find it. This way they will be able to find your transaction by specific date (and the Transaction Number means nothing, BTW - I curious why so many sellers require that for support).

ANYWAY, then IM the creator and include that specific information. If they are even slightly decent they will do it for you. Once they find your transaction they only need click the link that says "Redeliver" and voila.

NOTE: I *believe* - but not entirely certain (I don't think it's officially announced, but was mentioned by a Linden) that one of the new features the Market Place team is intending to implement is to make this Redeliver option available to those who did buy said product. So, eventually, you will be able to request your own re-deliveries as well as leaving reviews.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 9/19/2018 at 9:39 AM, Alyona Su said:

NOTE: I *believe* - but not entirely certain (I don't think it's officially announced, but was mentioned by a Linden) that one of the new features the Market Place team is intending to implement is to make this Redeliver option available to those who did buy said product. So, eventually, you will be able to request your own re-deliveries as well as leaving reviews.

Greetings!

There has been a request in the system for a while now for buyers to be able to request a redelivery of the items they purchased through the Marketplace, with restrictions. 

No Copy items would not be able to be redelivered, and there should be a hard limit on how long ago the item was purchased. (if an item was bought 4 years go, should the buyer be able to ask for a redelivery of the item?)

This feature request is still in the systems for the Marketplace team and is hopefully being considered for a future update. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

No reason to limit copies delivered, either by date or # of copies, esp. since no creator would be involved.

Greetings!

That will be part of the decision that the Marketplace team will make if that feature is implemented

Many sellers update their items, or release new versions of their items, and use the same Product Listing.  Not all sellers offer free updates for life on products.  

If a seller wishes to charge for updates then offering free, unlimited, lifetime available, re-deliveries on products purchased through the Marketplace will not be a "feature" for those sellers, and restrictions must be available to them, or built into any re-delivery system on the Marketplace. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings!

That will be part of the decision that the Marketplace team will make if that feature is implemented

Many sellers update their items, or release new versions of their items, and use the same Product Listing.  Not all sellers offer free updates for life on products.  

If a seller wishes to charge for updates then offering free, unlimited, lifetime available, re-deliveries on products purchased through the Marketplace will not be a "feature" for those sellers, and restrictions must be available to them, or built into any re-delivery system on the Marketplace. 

Good point, some kind of provision is needed for things significsntly upgraded. Ideally the seller could indicate whether he wanted to permit redelivry or not.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 1

Having access to purchase history is nice, but you can't search by keyword. The only option is to search by date of purchase. If you've been around for years, it could be like trying to find a needle in a haystack for purchase information. A search function within purchase history could be extremely valuable. I'd also like to see the listing get flagged if you had previously purchased the item and a link to see supplemental details.

On 9/21/2018 at 1:23 PM, Dakota Linden said:

This feature request is still in the systems for the Marketplace team and is hopefully being considered for a future update. 

On 9/21/2018 at 3:53 PM, Dakota Linden said:

I really hope this feature gets implemented. Honestly, it's at the very top of my list of how to improve the marketplace. But it worries me when I see "hopefully" and "if" used in these statements. I'm looking forward to hearing that it's in the works and not just waiting to be considered.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.