Problem when importing .dae file

SarahBeths

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

I started making furnitures on Blender, and everything looks great. Even when importing with SL, the preview looks nice, with shadows and all those great effects.

However, when I import on SL, it looks bland, the texture is just filling up everything and it's horrible. Does anyone know why? I can send a .dae file via private message to whoever wants to help. I joined the pictures of what it looks like.

Blender view.png

Snapshotcouch_001.png

It is a bit hard to tell from your photo but it looks like you mapped the UVs but didn't export any shadows with your texture. If you are using Blender Render then you typically would bake and save an Ambient Occlusion map and then layer your texture (in this case a blue weave fabric for the main area) on top of the AO and use "multiply" to blend them together and then export.  In Blender Cycles you would bake the shadows along with the fabric texture saving some after upload steps. 

If you are using Blender Cycles, this may help.

Good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKe4RRzDmUE

Edited by Chic Aeon

12 minutes ago, SarahBeths said:

@Chic Aeon Well I thought baking worked but apparently not as it says 'No objects or images found to bake to'. The textures are all there and showing up.

If you are in Cycles like in the video you need to have an image texture for EACH material (you probably have two) that is not connected to the node group so that Blender knows what to bake too.  Again, in the video :D. Good luck. 

7 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

If you are in Cycles like in the video you need to have an image texture for EACH material (you probably have two) that is not connected to the node group so that Blender knows what to bake too.  Again, in the video :D. Good luck.  

Will work on it tomorrow haha, I need to put it aside or I'll throw my laptop outside haha!

Thank you so much, I'll keep you posted :)

Edited by SarahBeths

On 9/13/2018 at 11:03 AM, SarahBeths said:

it says 'No objects or images found to bake to'.

I'm not sure about Cycles, which I don't use myself, but if you are just using Blender straight, you need to create a new image (with the drop down menu at the bottom of the Image/UV window) so that you have a location to save your AO, UV map, or texture images to.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 5:16 PM, Chic Aeon said:

As @Chic Aeon says, you need to specify the output image node in the cycles node tree. I use an excellent (though paid for) add-on called BakeTool (by Cogumelo Studios I think) which takes the hassle out and lets you set up multiple passes for your various baked textures. Overkill for you at the moment but worth taking a look at, at some point.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.