How to put your MP store link in your profile or notecard?

MeanBunneh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

I tried to put link for my MP store in my profile and notecards that comes with products  but if it's copy pasted in the browser it says that it doesn't exist. I tried http and https but it's not working for either. Not sure what I'm doing wrong or what permissions I'm lacking to do that.

I would appreciate help with this. Thank you.

This sounds odd (doesn't exist bit) - I go to whatever pages I want to put into profile and then copy the URL from the browser window, then paste it directly into my profile, pick, or notecard and it works great just like that. In profile you can just click it in notecard the reader will have to copy-and-paste it no matter what. This even works with shortened URLs like from bit.ly, etc. It could be something specific (quirtk) with your account, or you may be doing it in a way that's causing this error you'reseeing.

You can also copy Calling Ards into notecards and past avatar profiles into your profile by copying the URI number and pasting that (works in chat and IMs too)

• Like 2

I really don't know... I managed to put link in a profile and it works, as I read how to in some old post here but as far as notecards are concerned it doesn't work... I copy/paste link into notecard and looks ok but when I copy that same link in sl search always same answer... that page couldn't be found..

Thank you for your answer. Until I find an answer I'll try with Calling cards or URI number. It's annoying since I put notecards with my MP store link in my selling items and it's annoying to find out that it doesn't work lol. Well I'm happy that at least I manage to sort out one in the profile and thanks to you will try something else with notecards. Thanks again ?

14 minutes ago, SkylerStormySky said:

but when I copy that same link in sl search always same answer... that page couldn't be found

Ahah! LOL

Nooo... you cannot find a web page in SL Search. A web URL must be pasted into a web browser (either the viewer internal browser or your external "real" browser). To have something appear in search you have to buy that: for land parcels (like an in-world location - store, etc) you have to turn that on in Land settings (Options tab) and it's like L$30 a week I think. For anything else, you used to be able to buy an Advertisement - but I'm not sure that's an option anymore.

If this doesn't help, then perhaps describe what you are trying to do - what do you want the person to do and what do you want to happen when they do it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

lol well great.... it's ok then. Thanks ?    LOL I thought that something was wrong but turns out that was only my lack of knowledge and experience with this stuff (putting links etc). But I did manage to put correct format for link in the profile so... it was helpful lol even though a bit embarrassing.

Oh well... you live, you learn. ? 

51 minutes ago, SkylerStormySky said:

Oh well... you live, you learn.

Exactly! And don't be embarrassed! We all had to start from the beginning. Some people forget that. I try to never forget that and always be as helpful to others as I can. :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

Just so you know, some people will see the brackets in your profile too(depending on how they view your profile), and not just the link, so if anyone asks you why those are in there or mentions it (not likely anyone will, but you never know, lol) just let them know it's simply formatted for specific profile views. It's still clickable regardless, it just might look funny to someone that doesn't understand why the formatting is there :) 

(it's not actually necessary to put the brackets in to be honest, links will be clickable without them, just so you know)

YOU won't see a clickable link in your own profile, but everyone else will. 

• Like 2

Thanks Tari ?!

It was really confusing that I couldn't see that my link is clickable in the profile lol I used to see that when I put correct formatting lol well that is how some other sites works so I was sure that I was doing something wrong here lol. Everything is different here, would be so much easier if I could see what I've done after putting correct formatting and I hate to badger friends for it and I don't have an alt account to check my profile (I barely have time to manage this one as it is)  lol so it's rather frustrating.

Also was very confusing when my friend told me that if I don't put http instead https in the link that ppl won't be able to see contents in my MP store. Not sure what is that all about. ?

I didn't pay much attention to forums here but I'm glad that I finally did....I'm sure that there are a little less nice ppl here as well lol and everyone aren't so helpful, friendly and nice as you and Alyona Su are but for the time being I'm really happy that I run into nice ones first ?❤️

Thank you again, this was very helpful.

20 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

Just so you know, some people will see the brackets in your profile too(depending on how they view your profile), and not just the link, so if anyone asks you why those are in there or mentions it (not likely anyone will, but you never know, lol) just let them know it's simply formatted for specific profile views. It's still clickable regardless, it just might look funny to someone that doesn't understand why the formatting is there :) 

(it's not actually necessary to put the brackets in to be honest, links will be clickable without them, just so you know)

YOU won't see a clickable link in your own profile, but everyone else will. 

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

This is a very good point. I often log on an alt to check my profile to see how others see it when I make changes. 

Yes, yes these. OH! And the tip I gave about copying the URI number? It's a great way to proclaim a "partner" without actually partnering with someone.

I know Firestorm has it, some other viewers may also, Catznip and, I believe, the Offical LL viewers do not. Here's how to do it:

Open anyone's profile inside the browser (and you will need the *legacy* profile box, *NOT* the web version. Click that little "Gear" icon for a list of options, one is to copy URI (Not UUID) - select that and that avatar's URI is now in your clipboard.

Now you can paste it into chat, IM's and even your profile. One note about profiles, though: 1: like other links, you cannot see it and 2. In the Web version of Profiles only that full number will be seen, not the Avatar name, and 3. Like links: the full number (and any full link) will count against your limited number of characters (Which is why you want to use URL shorteners for web links, like bit.ly, etc.)

But suffice it to say: the URI think in profiles will mostly only work for other FS users (which is like 50 to 60% of all active users, so there's that).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.