prompt, stating   failed to grant capabilities

CeasonlySu Starflare

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

have you ever tried to teleport some where and it give you a prompt, stating   failed to grant capabilities...

thats what i get as i try to tellaport here:..    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Temptation Islands/122/181/25

i looked in:    (Messages Mentioning Teleports or Access to Destinations}

and i found this,

“Teleport failed. Failed to grant capabilities.”    This may mean that the region is having temporary problems. Try again later.

Thank you for your help

4 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, CeasonlySu Starflare said:

have you ever tried to teleport some where and it give you a prompt, stating   failed to grant capabilities...

thats what i get as i try to tellaport here:..    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Temptation Islands/122/181/25

i looked in:    (Messages Mentioning Teleports or Access to Destinations}

and i found this,

“Teleport failed. Failed to grant capabilities.”    This may mean that the region is having temporary problems. Try again later.

Thank you for your help

I have had this when my sim fell offline.  Submit a support ticket and ask LL to reboot the sim

• Like 1

"Capabilities" are your viewer's connection to vital server functions, like your inventory, friends list, and other databases.  Generally, that message about "failed capabilities" means that you are not fully logged in to SL.  It happens if you log in with a wonky Internet connection or if it simply takes too long for your viewer to complete the connections to those vital functions. As you have discovered, it can also -- quite rarely -- happen if a region's server is having trouble connecting with you as you try to enter the region. If that's the only time it's happening to you, then it probably is a server issue.  Ask Linden Lab to restart the region.  If it's a mainland region, you don't need to be a landowner there.  Anyone can report a server issue on the mainland.  If it's a private region, ask the estate owner to restart it.

• Like 1

The issues of over a year ago may not be relevant today. But, with the Firestorm Support group chat running as a sort of background music, I do have the impression that there's been a bit of a spate of "Failed to grant capabilities" just recently, though it's not something I've experienced myself.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.