Premium member and abandoned land

KesavaKantha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently abandoned my previous parcel to purchase a different 2048 m2  parcel and am being charged monthly for the new parcel even though I bought it via the "Buy with Group" option and our total land contribution is 2253 m2 which exceeds the required 2048. The land says "Group owned" and when I go to the group Land tab, it says: Total land in use is 2048 m2. Land available is 206 m2. Total contribution: 2253 m2 

I'm confused why I'm still being charged for the land. Am I going to continue being charged for the parcel until the abandoned land is sold?

6 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, KesavaKantha said:

I recently abandoned my previous parcel to purchase a different 2048 m2  parcel and am being charged monthly for the new parcel even though I bought it via the "Buy with Group" option and our total land contribution is 2253 m2 which exceeds the required 2048. The land says "Group owned" and when I go to the group Land tab, it says: Total land in use is 2048 m2. Land available is 206 m2. Total contribution: 2253 m2 

I'm confused why I'm still being charged for the land. Am I going to continue being charged for the parcel until the abandoned land is sold?

because you donated the land to the group, you are responsible for your donation, so you pay, and landfees are calculated over the total max owning during a billing cycle, the total billingcycle.. so if you abandon at the first day you will pay for the whole month.

When the group abandons land, you have to take down your donation. And also change it at the website if it didn't do it automaticly, or you will keep paying. ( for billing donating land is the same as owning it)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, KesavaKantha said:

But my previous abandoned parcel is no longer showing up in Land Manager - Group Land. It just shows my new parcel.

How would I remove my donation for the previous parcel?

if that group still has your donation, you will keep paying, you have to open the group profile to change that, not your personal accountpage

https://gyazo.com/625f4e4402f74955a256a4941a27bb00

áfter changing that you have to change the tier level you pay for here:

https://gyazo.com/779ca69bc7cb72352a7a15e8f1b64548

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 6:52 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

And also change it at the website if it didn't do it automaticly, or you will keep paying.

The website setting on the Land Use Fees page has no impact on what you actually pay.  It will only set the level of where you will be warned for increasing tier and is also used for some of the calculations on that same page.  You truly will not pay for what you don't use - though many do get confused because of that final month of tier billing.

On 6/25/2018 at 7:46 AM, KesavaKantha said:

Thank you for taking the time to help me resolve this issue! I am so grateful!

Note that since you just took your tier donation back, you will still have one final bill for the usage of that tier -- it always bills in arrears.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The website setting on the Land Use Fees page has no impact on what you actually pay.  It will only set the level of where you will be warned for increasing tier and is also used for some of the calculations on that same page.  You truly will not pay for what you don't use - though many do get confused because of that final month of tier billing

totally true, but it will show you that you actually don't have land donated anymore, or the option to level down will be greyed out.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.