Shaharazad Humphreys

Display Name missing from Chat Log

Question

My chat log used to show my display name with my username in parenthesis on each line like this:   Shari (shaharazad.humphreys)

But now it just shows my user name only:   Shaharazad Humphreys

No display name, no parenthesis

I did not remove my display name...it still shows as Shari in my profile settings.  Did I accidentally change some other setting?  How can I change it back?

Thanks, S :)

Edited by Shaharazad Humphreys

4 answers to this question

Hi’s!!!  Yes thar is a check mark ✅ in preferences. Think it’s on Chat tab somewhere.  I click around on all that too, getting me into such troubles too!!!   :$

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

When you don't tell us which viewer brand you are using, we can't tell you where the control is...

A very reasonable request, I think. There's no way of knowing which viewer you use unless it's volunteered or requested. Different viewers have different settings and locations.

11 hours ago, Shaharazad Humphreys said:

Thanks for your totally helpful and totally non-snarky response.

I'm happy you found the source of your name problem, but that is a snarky response.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AviNews said:

Hi’s!!!  Yes thar is a check mark ✅ in preferences. Think it’s on Chat tab somewhere.  I click around on all that too, getting me into such troubles too!!!   :$

AviNews, you were right!  In my chat preferences somehow I'd managed to uncheck the option to view display names.  I checked the box again. Then later when I went to my chat logs today everything was back to normal. Yaaaaay! :D  Thanks for your totally helpful and totally non-snarky response. You're the best! <3