How to enable "Set Home to Here"

ChoiceRider

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In the land group roles - whatever role you have for the residents - give them the ability to set home.  Then they just need to activate their group tab and set home will work.

LittleMe Jewell, thanks once again for your quick and informative response.

Thanks for pointing out where the Set Home permission is found in a group. I started a group some time ago, but don't remember how it was assigned to that specific parcel. Can it be transferred to another property?

39 minutes ago, ChoiceRider said:

LittleMe Jewell, thanks once again for your quick and informative response.

Thanks for pointing out where the Set Home permission is found in a group. I started a group some time ago, but don't remember how it was assigned to that specific parcel. Can it be transferred to another property?

You don't need to transfer it ... multiple properties can be under (or owned by) the same group. Make sure you have the appropriate roles for each property if they're used for different things.

• Thanks 1

I want to thank you both, LittleMe Jewell and Parhelion Palou for your wonderful suggestions. As a result, I decided to create a new group and I found the allow set home permission.

Thanks again, and God bless you both,

Robert AKA ChoiceRider

• Like 1

Progress report:

I created a new group and enabled allow to set home, but my residents are still unable to do so. They receive the message "you can only set home in your land or infohub"... What am I missing?

How do I assign the parcel to the group, if that is what's needed? Does it have to be deeded, and if so, how is that accomplished?

3 minutes ago, ChoiceRider said:

Progress report:

I created a new group and enabled allow to set home, but my residents are still unable to do so. They receive the message "you can only set home in your land or infohub"... What am I missing?

How do I assign the parcel to the group, if that is what's needed? Does it have to be deeded, and if so, how is that accomplished?

So, currently you own the land personally, rather than a group owning it?

I don't remember if the land can just be set to the group or if it has to be deeded. If you don't want to necessarily deed it, then try just setting the land to the group. Then make sure the residents have that group active when they try to set home.

If the land needs to be deeded, you can do that on the land screen.  There is also an option something like "owner makes contribution" - that will ensure that you donate enough of your personal tier to the group that you are deeding the land to.

Since you created a new group for this, use an alt account to test it.  If you don't have an alt, they are easy enough to create.  The group should actually contain you and an alt anyway so that if all other members leave the group, the group won't go away.

• Thanks 1

I'm a bit slow at times, and this is one of those times.

I listened to you LittleMe, and looked into about-land, where under the General tab I found the Group Set button that allowed me to set my new group for the land. And with that, my alt was able to set home on my parcel.

Thanks sooo much for your time, you seem always to be there when help is needed, God bless you.

• Thanks 1

It's all a success, thank you both..

For other parcels I wish to do this with, do I have to create a dedicated group for each, or as Mr Parhelion Palou indicated, are there ways to include other parcels within the same group? It wouldn't seem so..

4 hours ago, ChoiceRider said:

It's all a success, thank you both..

For other parcels I wish to do this with, do I have to create a dedicated group for each, or as Mr Parhelion Palou indicated, are there ways to include other parcels within the same group? It wouldn't seem so..

You can set any/all parcels to the same group or to any mix of groups -- 3 parcels to group 1 and 2 others to group 2, and another to no group at all,  etc..  Then assign the residents to the appropriate role. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2018 at 1:08 PM, ChoiceRider said:

Progress report:

"Set Home to Here" is by role powers in the group, not an automatic. So you have to make sure each role you create in the group, like "tenant" or "officer" has "set home to here" -- if you want them to have that. It's a check off box under "roles" on the group menu, so you have to make sure it is checked off.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.