Object displays texture with different letter color than in texture

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In Inkscape I created red colored text with a transparent background for an HUD I am making. From Inkscape I exported the image to a png file, and uploaded the file into my Inventory. Double clicking the uploaded texture to display it verifies it has red colored lettering with a transparent background as desired. I created a cube object, sized it appropriately, and dragged the texture into its X Positive side face. On this object the text coloring is black with transparent background. I expected, and desired, the text coloring to be red with a transparent background just as it is in the texture. Why has the letter coloring change to black while on the object? How is the letter coloring made the same as it is in the texture?

I changed the object's color to white in the Editors texture tab. I did this be clicking on the color swatch between "Color" and the "Full Bright" checkbox, and selecting the white color. The lettering turned red.

Why does a face's color a texture is placed on influence the texture's color?

On 5/26/2018 at 1:04 AM, agentronin said:

I changed the object's color to white in the Editors texture tab. I did this be clicking on the color swatch between "Color" and the "Full Bright" checkbox, and selecting the white color. The lettering turned red.

Why does a face's color a texture is placed on influence the texture's color?

Setting the color for the face of an object tints the texture. I use it a lot to make tree leaves a little greener or to make a wall color match up better with other things. If you don't want your texture to have a tint, make sure the color is white.

If you'd made your texture with white letters on a transparent background, you could have used the color setting to make your lettering whatever color you wish. That's handy if there may be a need to change the color of the letters.

Edited by Parhelion Palou
Had another thought (hey, it happens).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.