Lower Sales on Wednesdays?

Arduenn Schwartzman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For years now, I have a modest but fairly stable stream of MP sales throughout the week, but Wednesdays always make a dent in the curve. I can only speak from personal experience, but I'm curious whether this is a more general phenomenon. Also, this and last Wednesday were particularly disappointing. Any theories on why this might happen?

We have highschool graduation exams at this time of year here in the Netherlands. It does not directly address the Wednesday thing, but is it plausable that exam periods play a role? Any other thoughts?

intro-1525106816.jpg.a42dee44fe422c02df1f1dd4bb323303.jpg

"But please leave me out of it."

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman

1 hour ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

For years now, I have a modest but fairly stable stream of MP sales throughout the week, but Wednesdays always make a dent in the curve. I can only speak from personal experience, but I'm curious whether this is a more general phenomenon.

I have asked others about it and it turns out many, but not all, have similar experiences. Which days are low and which are high differ from merchant to merchant though. It probably has something to do with which customer segment(s) your builds are attractive to and what time they are most likely to be logged on and not too busy with other activities to have time for shopping.

Some possible factors:

• Casual users are more likely to be logged on during weekends so impulse buy items might sell better then.
  • Hardcore users are logged on all the time of course but probably more busy with other activities during weekends (we notice that int he forums too) so they buy mostly during weekdays.
  • Tuesday is the big rolling restart day, interrupting everything, but it is also the premum stipend day so more people have more Lindens to spend
  • Wednesday is the small rolling restart day

and so on.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

We have highschool graduation exams at this time of year here in the Netherlands. It does not directly address the Wednesday thing, but is it plausable that exam periods play a role?

the amount of dutchies hardly influencing the total count of sl players...... so a even lot smaller group, in that age reach, won't even be noticable.

Not sure where you got that idea?

6 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

The possibility that such a situation occurs in other countries at this time of year too, plus their parents (SL residents) being affected by it.

if something would have influence.. and that haves, it's holidays in general.

Seriously doubt exams have anything to do with it.

Also.. even in europe the holidays aren't all starting the same time, and during several months ( may/october) a wednesday dip wouldn't be explained by that.

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

the amount of dutchies hardly influencing the total count of sl players......

There may be few of you, Alwin, but that only means that each of you is even more valuable to us! :)

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.