Age verification keeps failing

NJMike

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok so since for some reason it's been over 48 hours and my credit card is still pending, I decided to try age verifying myself manually. So I went in, filled out all of the required fields 100% correctly, entered the last four digits of my SSID, and it said the verification failed in the big red box at the top. I am 100% sure that every single piece of info is correct, so I don't know what is going on here. I tried multiple times and double-checking like crazy, and nothing is working.

10 answers to this question

The automated system seems to fail so many people for no good reason, so you are not alone.

Sometimes it can be something simple, like if you have a double last name such as Van Gogh, enter that without the space between them. If you have recently moved, try using your old address.

If nothing will make it work, the only option is manual age verification through support ticket https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ , but thats only available to Premium members.

If you have a basic account you can tru submitting the wrong ticket for it & some people have been lucky and had their ticket dealt with, but don`t be surprised if they reject it.

Getting account verified by adding payment info to your account is the only other option & if you are outside of the US that has been made difficult to say the least. Try calling the free billing number for help:

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490

* Germany: 0800.664.5510

* Japan: 0066.33.132.830

* Portugal: 800.814.450

* Spain: 800.300.560

* UK: 0800.048.4646

* Support is in English Only

If none of the numbers are in your country you can email to: support@payments.secondlife.com

I don't know if I told anyone this but since my credit card finally get registered with this site a while ago I'm now verified via that. At least I think I am because I was able to enter an adult area and before I couldn't.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.