The Mechanics of Selling Lindens

November Velde

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello folks!

I have some lindens in my account that I'd like to sell. On the "LindeX™ Exchange: Sell L$ " page, it gives me an estimate of what my entered linden value will be in USD. It also tells me that the amount I want to sell might not sell all at once. My question is, if/when my lindens sell, will their USD equivalent be transferred to the part of my balance that shows US dollar amounts? And, if so, will that automatically be used when tier comes due? If not, how do I go about using that money pool to go towards my monthly tier? I hope my question makes sense. Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

But you didn't ask the most important question.  When you say "...it gives me an estimate of what my entered linden value will be in USD. It also tells me that the amount I want to sell might not sell all at once" it tells me that you are looking at the Best Rate (Limit Sell) option.  When you do a Limit Sell, you're offering to sell X amount of $L AND offering a specific exchange rate.

If your rate is not far off the current market price, the order will fill in hours, and almost certainly within a few days.  But if you are asking an unfavorable rate, the order could stay open for weeks, months...even years, or forever.

See my blog post for a more detailed explanation: http://acrossthegridwithlindal.blogspot.com/2017/09/trade-l-like-pro.html

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.