Thought of a Reason for an Alt finally

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Since Love owns a full mainland sim already, she does NOT have an additional 512 to play with.

Actually he has the complete 1024 to play with because of the way billing works.  There is not a 512 or 1024 level under the full sim level. 

If he uses a total of 66,560 - take the free 1024 right off the top and that leaves the 65,536 of a full sim that he is already paying for.  Only if the total amount that Love personally uses or donates goes above the 66,560 will he have to pay for a quarter sim additional.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Love is a he? huh.

I don't know what you're getting at but it's perfectly simple. Leaving the group bonus aside, Love pays for a full sim. If he buys 1 sqm more (if that were possible), he'll have to pay for another ¼ sim. You're thinking of it in a strange way. You seem to be thinking of the new thing as a 512 or 1024 gift that's extra to everything else. It's not. It's merely a shift in where tier begins to be charged. Instead of it being charged above 512 as it was, it's now charged above 1024. After that, nothing has changed, except the price of tier, plus a new tier level at 3/4 sim.

Edited by Phil Deakins

6 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Love is a he? huh.

Yes

I don't know what you're getting at but it's perfectly simple. Leaving the group bonus aside, Love pays for a full sim. If he buys 1 sqm more (if that were possible), he'll have to pay for another ¼ sim. You're thinking of it in a strange way. You seem to be thinking of new thing as a 512 or 1024 gift. It's not. It's merely a shift in where tier begins to be charged. Instead of it being charged above 512 as it was, it's now charged above 1024. After that, nothing has changed, except the price of tier.

The charges are for what you are using above your Premium tier.

Take the 65536 tier that Love is currently using.  Subtract out the 1024 Premium.  The result is what has to be paid for.  In this case, that is only 64,512 sqm - but since there is not a billing level there, then he gets bumped up to the billing level of 65536.

The 1024 IS a gift.  You always take the total amount of tier that you are using (personally and/or donating) and take your Premium benefit right off the top.  The result is what you have to pay for.   That is what lets me own 9216 sqm of land but only pay for the 8192 level of billing.

If I added another 1024 plot, that would then throw me into the 16,384 billing amount, but paying for 16,384 does not mean I am using it all.

Because Love gets 1024 tier w/ membership, but still has to pay for the full 65536 sim price, he does have unused tier.  Checking the Account Summary on the dashboard would show that.

Major Edit!

I redid my test, putting in owning the full sim and donating 1024, and got the following:

Capture.PNG.95ed3c3ff27c7f7ba88101e1eae5cdf1.PNG

in which case it looks like Phil may be correct...

======================================================================================

======================================================================================

and I can't seem to get rid of this image below through editing (it keeps popping back in), which conveys the wrong impression

land use fees.PNG

Edited by moirakathleen
testing not thorough enough

I'm sorry, but are mistaken, Lil. And I do hope that Love doesn't put into practise what you're saying.

You can't have a full sim (65,536 sqm) AND another 512 or 1024, without paying for more than the full sim. That bit extra would cost you the tier for ¼ sim. If you don't understand it, you can test it without going up to a full sim. You can test it at low levels.

Your first sentence isn't quite correct but it's not far off. Look at it this way. Since the changes, 512 costs 0$, 1024 costs 0$ 1536 costs $4, 2048 costs $7 and so on up to 65536. which costs $175. Anything higher than that and you pay in chunks of ¼ sim.

Either that, or it's too late in the evening for my brain to function correctly.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, moirakathleen said:

If Love wants to expand holdings,  creating an alt (premium or not) and having the full sim group-owned in order to take advantage of the 10% group bonus, would be beneficial.

Good point about the alt not needing to be premium.  At that tier level, a group gets a pretty good bonus anyway.

Will just a single premium donating the 1024 to the group, the group would still have

65536 + 1024 = 66560 + 6656 (10% of 66560) =  73,216 - 65536 (sim currently owned) = 7680 available for more land - without the alt paying for Premium.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

Doing a quick check with the estimation tool support's Lil's supposition:

5aad954ec11b8_landusefees.PNG.97e3aa2a158757db65991f16ccbcda20.PNG

but the Account Summary page is the best place for Love to check to be sure. 

If Love wants to expand holdings,  creating an alt (premium or not) and having the full sim group-owned in order to take advantage of the 10% group bonus, would be beneficial.

Hmm. It does appear to show that. But that calculator is very iffy. For instance, I have it set for 1024 and 0 donated. After calculating, it tells me that the paid tier level is 512, the available sqwuare meters is 512, and it will cost me $4. That's nonsense.

Edited by Phil Deakins

3 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Either that, or it's too late in the evening for my brain to function correctly.

^^ This, apparently.

Go to the Land Use Fees page and put in the values yourself.  Or just see Moirakathleen's picture above.  Or see my picture from just now doing that.  If I donate 65536 to a group to use for a sim, I still have 1024 available.

pic3.jpg.0fc7942c4e92fde1e66f967e7bb2da42.jpg

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

Hmm. It does appear to show that. But that calculator is very iffy. For instance, I have it set for 1024 and 0 donated. After calculating, it tells me that the paid tier level is 512, the available sqwuare meters is 512, and it will cost me $4. That's nonsense.

I was hasty, and did a major edit to my post almost immediately after posting it, and now can't seem to get rid of the first image I posted...  Maybe it's time for me to go do something else :)

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Go to the Land Use Fees page and put in the values yourself.  Or just see Moirakathleen's picture above.  Or see my picture from just now doing that.  If I donate 65536 to a group to use for a sim, I still have 1024 available.

I did, and I posted what I found. The calculator is borked.

Also, Moira edited her post (the one with the graphic), which changes it quite dramatically.

4 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Are you sure you entered that correctly?  I just entered those values and it says the cost is $0

image.png.4835a97e4444917972a98077d35e9b11.png

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Are you sure you entered that correctly?  I just entered those values and it says the cost is $0

I'm sure. The difference between yours and mine is that mine has Paid tier level at 512, and Available square meters at 512, neither of which I put it - I can't. The Monthly cost shows $4. It's nonsense. It's borked. It may not be up to date with the change.

Edited by Phil Deakins

Side note here -- the calculator is a bit borked.  If you have a value set below, for the paid tier level, it will assume that anything you enter is in addition to that level.  i.e. - the above is for my alt that has the radio button set to 0 because she is not using anything above her premium amount.  However, if I change the radio button to 512 and redo the calculation, then it assumes that the 10234 I entered is in additon to the 512 radio button setting:

image.png.307416e88a487cf5d7247baffccd3472.png

That last bit of my post explains the 512 thingy. Yes it is a bit borked in that regard since it assumes you are asking about donating and acquiring "in addition" to the radio button setting.  I once had a long conversation with LL in chat about this screen because it is so wacky.

• Like 1

Now we have the same figures, except that my 1024 is where your 0 is, and vice versa.

So getting back to where we were. I've always understood that it's the way I described, and I hope that Love doesn't test your idea without getting a concrete statement from someone at LL. As far as I'm concerned, since the change:-

1536 costs $4

1537 costs $7 (only 1 more sqm)

2048 costs $7

2049 costs $13 (only 1 more sqm)

and so on up to ...

65536 cost $175

65537 costs $175 + $67 = $242 (only 1 more sqm)

ETA: It's easy to test. Get a 1536 or 2048 and then get the smallest plot possible 16 sqm, and see what the tier you pay is. That will show what will happen when you get a tiny bit more than 65536.

Edited by Phil Deakins

4 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Now we have the same figures, except that my 1024 is where your 0 is, and vice versa.

So getting back to where we were. I've always understood that it's the way I described, and I hope that Love doesn't test your idea without getting a concrete statement from someone at LL. As far as I'm concerned, since the change, 1536 costs $4, 1537 costs $7, 2048 costs $7, 2049 costs $13, and so on up to 65536 cost $175, 65537 costs $175 + $67 = $242.

Actually this picture, from the link in the original annoucement shows what I have been saying:

image.png.a83bf3ab758135d6ae71dad7d7392049.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I'm sorry, but are mistaken, Lil. And I do hope that Love doesn't put into practise what you're saying.

You can't have a full sim (65,536 sqm) AND another 512 or 1024, without paying for more than the full sim. That bit extra would cost you the tier for ¼ sim. If you don't understand it, you can test it without going up to a full sim. You can test it at low levels.

Your first sentence isn't quite correct but it's not far off. Look at it this way. Since the changes, 512 costs 0$, 1024 costs 0$ 1536 costs $4, 2048 costs $7 and so on up to 65536. which costs $175. Anything higher than that and you pay in chunks of ¼ sim.

Your statement does not take into account the fact the 512 (old) or 1024 (new) do not add to tier. Up until now, I paid $195 for 65536 including my 512 Linden home. In the future, I assume I will pay $175 for 65536 plus 512 Linden home + 512 “other” or 1024 with no Linden home. 

(I read newest posts first so perhaps the calculator posts clarify or correct this.)

Actually this picture, from the link in the original annoucement shows what I have been saying:

image.png.aa19f5e390573c82839ecc42b38fa08d.png

I've been looking at the Land Use Fees page, and they are different. They go up to 65536. That graphic does show what you've been saying. It's all a bit screwed up at the moment. Still, I'd hate to risk $44 (or $67) on the graphic, without some sort of confirmation from LL. Even that grpahic is screwed up. It says that above the maximum shown, the cost goes up in quarter-region increments at $44 each, but the quarter-region cost in the table is $67.

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It appears maybe you can’t donate your “premium bonus” land (now 1024) - only land you have above that which is “paid for”?

I was able to donate my 'premium bonus', but I don't have any other mainland than the 896 sqm my group owns, which I donated my premium bonus for.  I don't know if it's different at the full sim or higher levels. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I've been looking at the Land Use Fees page, and they are different. They go up to 65536. That graphic does show what you've been saying. It's all a bit screwed up at the moment. Still, I'd hate to risk $44 (or $67) on the graphic, without some sort of confirmation from LL. Even that grpahic is screwed up. It says that above the maximum shown, the cost goes up in quarter-region increments at $44 each, but the quarter-region cost in the table is $67.

The picture from that article is talking about "total land" -- if you look at all of the levels, it includes the 1024 premium amount.  The "previous" column showed totals with 512 added in.  Many of those levels are not actual billing levels - for both previous and new. The link to the full picture is: 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.