ZaneyApples

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello I like to have some pointers on how to make content for sl what i like to do is do my art other words do expressive art inspired skins for avatars, also making accessories for it but also make some pictures for homes, I would like to also get into animation, skin applied clothes, as well hair if i can get hang of it, most i like to do is provide service of creating custom shapes for those who dont know where to start or too lazy to make one themselves.  Also like to design logos for peeps for their stores or business

Edited by ZaneyApples

3 answers to this question

Looking at your list, my best suggestion is to do one thing at a time. There are a lot of different skills to learn for that entire list. ;)

If we start with skins, they are simply textures applied to the system body or a mesh body. You need three textures, for the head, upper body and lower body. Ideally you also should have a separate neck blender texture for the Maitreya mesh body. The UV mapping for mesh bodies is slightly different than for the system body but now much - only a few minor details on hands and feet.

To make system skins, you simply create a new skin in your inventory, wear it and edit it to add your textures.

To make skins for mesh bodies, get the basic developer kits and follow the isntructions included. You want the Omega kit because it works with almost all mesh bodies and body parts and you also want the Maitreya kit because of the special neck blender texture that isn't supported by Omega. You can proably skip all the other product specific appliers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regardless of how much you know about 3D modeling, texturing, and programming you'll find SL has a lot of quirks. So, take it one thing at a time as recommended.

I made a tutorial for building Slink Appliers. All appliers are similar. It is here: http://blog.nalates.net/2017/01/05/tutorial-2017-how-to-make-slink-nails/

There are numerous YouTube and Vimeo videos on clothes making. There are free templates (Chip Midnight - Robin Woods) for the classic avatar. Mesh body designers provide Developer Kits. There are free models of the avatar that work in Photoshop, Blender, and other programs.

Both the SL Wiki and Knowledge Base have a load of information. Within the forum is a huge amount of technical information on mesh and building gleaned from user testing. Way too much to provide links. Search.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2018 at 9:39 AM, Nalates Urriah said:

Regardless of how much you know about 3D modeling, texturing, and programming you'll find SL has a lot of quirks. So, take it one thing at a time as recommended.

I made a tutorial for building Slink Appliers. All appliers are similar. It is here: http://blog.nalates.net/2017/01/05/tutorial-2017-how-to-make-slink-nails/

There are numerous YouTube and Vimeo videos on clothes making. There are free templates (Chip Midnight - Robin Woods) for the classic avatar. Mesh body designers provide Developer Kits. There are free models of the avatar that work in Photoshop, Blender, and other programs.

Both the SL Wiki and Knowledge Base have a load of information. Within the forum is a huge amount of technical information on mesh and building gleaned from user testing. Way too much to provide links. Search.

thx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.