Animation Script.

DarkEmperor13

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Most people don't write their own code for what you describe -- they use either Avsitter or Npose, both of which are free and open source, and have support groups.

Even if you want to write your own code rather use either of those two poseball-free systems, I'd suggest you start by studying the scripts for one or both of the systems.    The basic principle is simple enough -- they treat the avatars as components in the linkset on which they are seated,  and move them round with llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast -- but the the execution can be rather complex.    Put it like this; I can write similar code, and have done for some applications where we didn't want to use either of those systems (and to prove to myself I could do it), but I'd normally use one of them  since there's no point in trying to re-invent the wheel.

to expand on it as you asked for the how to write, not find a premade one,

llRequestPermissions(llDetectedKey(0), PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);

placed into a touch event, on a rezzed prim you're wearing would do it, you could also scan for nearby avatars using a sensor event,

present yourself a list, and pick the agent's key by name.

Though to be reliable you'd want your animation calls after requesting permissions in a run time event.

There's also plenty of free examples on the wiki.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Run_time_permissions

has a very, very simple example, you just need to pass in a key somehow, of an AV you have selected via touch, or sensor, or... something!.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlStartAnimation

has a few more in-depth examples including touch.

Positioning however gets funny without poseballs on couples animations, as lsl can't rotate an Avatar(as far as I know), RLV/a can I'm told,

but not something I'm versed enough in to recommend for a simple dance script.

The 2 systems Innula points out work well and and while reinventing the wheel is never wise, learning can always be fun.

Sorry, I misread the question.   It's about a hug/kiss animation thing, not furniture (it was the reference to poseballs that threw me).

You need two scripts, one to animate each avatar, and it involves several operations for each avatar, which you need to keep coordinated.  It's a bit fiddly to get right.    The only readily accessible example I can find are the two scripts in OpenCollar, coupleanim1.lsl and coupleanim2.lsl.  They make it look a lot more complicated than it is because they have to integrate with all the other scripts in the collar, but they should give you an idea of how these things work. 

I wrote one of those systems a few years ago, just out of curiosity.  It wasn't easy.  Aside from the challenge of getting two people with unknown sizes to "mesh" properly, there's the issue of getting compatible animations to trigger simultaneously so that one person isn't going "up" while the other one is going "down" (for example).  It's not a simple job for a beginning scripter.  You're better off buying couples anims already scripted off the shelf.

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What about the free hug/kiss scripts for an “easy” starting point?

I am reminded of a fake business that my cousin once thought of opening, with the motto: "Morty's: Where the quality you get depends on the price you pay!"

• Like 1

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

I am reminded of a fake business that my cousin once thought of opening, with the motto: "Morty's: Where the quality you get depends on the price you pay!"

Agreed, the avatars don’t line up very precisely (hard to do without sitting on something).

Morty is a great kid, too bad about his grandpa, Rick.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.