Dress with error in weight / import of bad avastar body

FernandaCassia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have had problems with the weight of the maitreya body, I minded the same for the avastar using the same tutorial of the beauty, but the vertices of the body test and body in the world do not fit as it should, my dress as in the test body has had problem and is giving weight error according to the pose, does anyone have any tips?
I do not know if I'm clear on what I'm talking about, but the image is clear, the white is the test body, my transparent dress and the maitreya body with the skin, they should fit, but it's not what happens.

Snapshot.thumb.png.a881b8ea2094de8591f7a3321644cd43.png[

snapshotb.thumb.png.c5a9c6f729fa6c7603afb4368c67f8fa.png

snapshotc.thumb.png.13ba25b7218e79d81f7a7e4684e2afe3.png

*Tutorial link to follow : https://avastar.online/help/rig-transfer-tool/

Note: In the case, I manipulated the weight, but without much success, I will take a long time manipulated error by mistake in different poses, have some other alternative or this is the only one?

Edited by FernandaCassia

35 minutes ago, FernandaCassia said:

does anyone have any tips?

Yes and I'm afraid you won't like it. The weights and even the body shape in the Maitreya developer kit are not correct, they do not match the actual Maitreya Lara body. So even with the developer kit, be prepared to spend a lot of time on trial and error.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have the Maitreya official kit for Maya, and that area isn't one of the much mismatching ones in shape, but it is the worst weighted area. The worst shape mismatch area is the groin/butt/inner leg section, where the two models clearly differ a lot.

I suggest to go over the tutorial you have pointed out again in detail and see what happens not editing the weights after the transfer, then upload on Beta grid for testing and screenshot. At current state of looks, it seems either weighting issue or a few edited joints were created, slightly off their intended location... can't really tell. With unedited weights it might be possible to spot a clue about what this issue is about more specifically.

• Like 2

After several attempts, I had to download the body again, I do not know what the bug was, it worked perfectly with me until 15 days ago and did not update anything. I still have two defects, because I can not activate the alpha in these areas because of the transparency, but a weight manipulation should correct, Thanks for the comments.

Snapshot10.thumb.png.eb6b9e2ee3c6880bfb4ad871ffed5727.png

• Like 2

On 3/5/2018 at 4:05 PM, FernandaCassia said:

After several attempts, I had to download the body again, I do not know what the bug was, it worked perfectly with me until 15 days ago and did not update anything. I still have two defects, because I can not activate the alpha in these areas because of the transparency, but a weight manipulation should correct, Thanks for the comments.

Snapshot10.thumb.png.eb6b9e2ee3c6880bfb4ad871ffed5727.png

Not sure if you've fixed it by now, but a work around is once you've got the rigging as close as possible; is to actually move the mesh in edit mode without adjusting the weighting. And uploading to check. Bit of a messy fix, but it works, and is easy to see the adjustments you need. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.