Marketplace Misdeliveries

Suedefro Galaxy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just ordered a fat pack of boots for a friend and they were delivered to me instead.  Then, after you make a purchase, the products you just bought are still in your shopping cart.  What kind of crooked business is this? Is this a problem that is being fixed?  It's a waste of money and truly annoying.  

Pissed,

Suedefro Galaxy

Screenshot (233).png

Screenshot (234).png

7 answers to this question

When you order a gift from the MP for a friend, that goes into your shopping cart, and in order to complete that purchase, you need to go to your shopping cart to check out.

If you specify that you want to buy a gift for a friend and enter their information on the item page, but then click the 'buy now' button (instead of going  to your shopping cart) that buy now purchases the item for you - it does not process the order that is in your shopping cart. 

• Like 5

Right, so for someone who is a student for marketplace programming you don't really seem to understand how a marketplace page works. I have attached here a few pages you neglected to include in your OP. Clearly visible are the Add to Cart, Add to Cart as Gift, and Buy Now buttons. I have also added the product as a gift, and you can see the message regarding this gift. Clicking on my cart displays the item I'm purchasing while indicating it is a gift, and clicking Checkout brings me to the invoice page where it is indicated a third time that I am buying a gift before completing the purchase. Going back and clicking Buy Now, immediately sends me to an invoice page where it is not indicated that I am buying a gift for anyone before completing the purchase.

Marketplace layout5a9b039082916_TharBootMarketplace.thumb.png.5f356d3a49c3d31f37af1ed6621a6b9e.png

Added as Gift5a9b045e7b989_TharBootMarketplacegift.thumb.png.915d204601a89e52ba01fea811c97b18.png

Gift cart5a9b058ab2926_TharBootMarketplacecartgift.thumb.png.d07e65849083facb3e2b7e3cbcc335f0.png

Gift invoice5a9b06ea217cf_TharBootMarketplacecartgiftinvoice.thumb.png.a94f73cf5f75087ed276144adbfa1d4f.png

clicking Buy Now invoice5a9b06edb6680_TharBootMarketplaceinvoice.thumb.png.e532b3a0d53b6d3b40e5311e3abfe4ac.png

Edited by Joanne Furlough
added image titles
  • Like 2

So basically, because of programming, people get screwed over?  I go to school for this same programming.  Are you kidding me?  Not to come off rude, but as angry as anyone would be from wasting money and time, let me point out that I don't see "Buy Now" on the screen.  Do you?  I also continue to see stuff in my cart that I've bought already.  What's the excuse for that?  

So this is how y'all continue to do business?  Have you not noticed that within a matter of even three years that there is a significant number of merchants that are no longer on MP?  

Edited by Suedefro Galaxy

20 minutes ago, Suedefro Galaxy said:

So this is how y'all continue to do business?  

It might interest you to know that everyone here is just another Resident, just like you.  The Lindens seldom come to the forums, so they may or may not ever see this thread.

Some folks get confused with the Buy Now button, thinking that it means you 'now want to buy what is in your cart', but that is not how that button works.  You actually have to click on the cart and follow those screens all the way through in order to purchase what was added to the cart.

Clicking the 'Buy Now' at any time completely ignores anything/everything in the cart and simply does a "buy it right now" transaction of that item to be delivered to yourself.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You actually have to click on the cart and follow those screens all the way through in order to purchase what was added to the cart.

That is, as Joanne pointed out with her illustrations, it assumes that the buyer actually reads the invoice to look for the words "Gift For" before clicking a button to complete the sale.

3 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That is, as Joanne pointed out with her illustrations, it assumes that the buyer actually reads the invoice to look for the words "Gift For" before clicking a button to complete the sale.

I gotta be honest, if a buyer doesn't read the invoice to see what it is they're buying they're really asking to get what they're pay for.

On the other side, maybe LL could implement a check to see if items are already in the cart and prompting if so.

I've been trying to debate against this solution but I don't see a good reason against it.

My debate has been, The buy now feature is very useful for when I want to buy something very quickly. If I'm adding something to my cart as a gift for someone else, I probably don't also want to buy it for myself, but if I did want to buy it for myself, using the Buy Now feature doesn't complete my purchase any quicker because I still have to go to my cart to pay for the gift item. Adding the item to my cart would actually be faster because I would only need 1 checkout.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.