Kemono/Utilizator Good Base For Femboi?

Robin Redangel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've had a classic avatar for a long time, but it's just not cutting it anymore.  I want to create a new av using mesh components.  The look I'm trying to achieve is Young Adult Effeminate Male/Femboi/Sissy Human.  I know the Kemono line is mostly aimed at furries and anime fans, but could it be modified to look like what I want?  I've noticed the hips seem to always be wider than the shoulders.  Do they make human heads that don't look like anime characters.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

If you're looking to create a femboi-style avatar I would suggesting looking into using the female Maitreya body together with the V-Tech Flat Chest mod. You can then use any female or unisex Bento mesh head to fit the Maitreya body (and you can also wear all those glorious Maitreya-fit heels!)

It's worth trying the demos anyway. The inworld group and Flickr group for The Androgyne Initiative, as well as the ANDRO, Second Life Androgyny, and Androgynes in SL Flickr groups will be helpful in sourcing clothing and accessories for the avatar you want to create.

Good luck!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen some people take the Kemono body and turn it into a regular human looking body that wouldn't look out of place next to people wearing Maitreya, Aesthetic, etcetera.  So you can do it, it's just a matter of messing with the shape and combining it with a non-anime head like Utilizator's own "Normie" bento head.

The down side to this approach is that the kemono body does not use the standard SL skin UV so you need to find a kemono skin for the body that will match well with whatever SL UV skin you use for the face. Not impossible but it is more work and if you're not into modding it can limit your options.

The up side is that the Kemono is modifiable, so if you ARE into modding this opens up a lot of personalization options that simply are not there for no-mod bodies. In addition, the kemono body is not hurting at all for clothing options.  It's very popular among content creators.

So it really depends on what you're after. Maitreya with the flat chest add-on is probably your easiest approach. Kemono will take a lot more work but allow you a more personalized look.

I have not seen the Curious Kitties bodies that Emma is mentioning, but it's always good to check out all your options!

It's more in the head and skin than the body, but:

Personally I found the Kuroo is too heavily muscled and too highly defined, escpecially the collarbones. It's also a bit iffy on head matches unless you are a furry/anime.

The Kemono is harder to use, and really limited with it's unique skins. It has "thunder-thighs" which I personally don't like on me. It's iffy on human heads.

The Avatar 2.0 is a little better than the Kemeno, but it still has unique skins and thunder thighs. It's iffy with a human head.

I found the Maitreya with V-Tech also had huge thunder-thighs, so not for me, although it is a popular choice for many.

The Slink is a bit blocky and fat/thick front to back. But you can put on the newer catwa heads.

The Jake has huge biceps, and you are really pushing the femboy envelope if you use it. Although you can put on the newer catwa heads.

The Signature is even more gorilla-like than the Jake, forget it.

The Aesthetic, haha, well, as a scary joke, add a very hairy skin, then wear a female looking head. Nah, not suitable at all.

The TMP works very well for some people, but ugh, old, a dead end, and a super bad hud.

The various kid bodies can be scaled up to adult size and are quite widely used for adult femboys. SMB for $1 or Tweenster for $1000, being female shaped they take all the female heads. (although you will get some idiots saying "Hmm, kid body and 6 feet tall acting like an adult, but still a kid)

The Avi(l) is non standard skin again, and not bento, so meh, skip it.

I have all those bodies ^ and more. Nothing is perfect, sadly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.