I can't seem to unequp this dress (Unresolved! Please help.)

VixenBelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I'm kinda new here on Second Life.

I recently got a Meitreya mesh body, pretty much got the hang of it, but I don't think I understand the layering.

I bought a Chain-Ray dress (8 colors) but on the HUD it doesn't have an option to unequip it, or detach it.

I was wondering if someone could help me out.

Edited by VixenBelle
Problem isn't resolved.

Not sure how that works on Maitreya as I haven't used the HUD much, but you should have options of either showing/hiding what's on the layers, or clearing them. It will probably not be on the dress' HUD.

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

Not sure how that works on Maitreya as I haven't used the HUD much, but you should have options of either showing/hiding what's on the layers, or clearing them. It will probably not be on the dress' HUD.

I actually thought of that myself, and went to clear all tattoo and other layers.. For some reason that didn't work either.

1 minute ago, VixenBelle said:

Yes, I think so.. because there's no option to take it off or anything.

Ah, I looked it up at the MP. It's a mesh dress, go to your inventory - current outfit - find the dress and remove it. =)

First, if it is a mesh dress then it will be 'attached' rather than applied.  You should be able to simply right-click the dress and select 'Detach'.

If it is an applier, then pull up the Maitreya HUD, Layers tab, and click 'Clear all layers'.

Side note - If it is the HUD itself you want to remove, simply right click on your screen and select Detach

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

First, if it is a mesh dress then it will be 'attached' rather than applied.  You should be able to simply right-click the dress and select 'Detach'.

If it is an applier, then pull up the Maitreya HUD, Layers tab, and click 'Clear all layers'.

Just checked.. its a "Maitreya applier." And I've tried that already.. its still not coming off..

3 minutes ago, Orwar said:

You can also try to go into Avatar Health and Refresh Attachments, see if that helps.

That won't fix an Applier issue.

However, "Force Appearance Update (Rebake)" might - also under Avatar Health

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

No, but it might fix a HUD issue, if it's the Maitreya HUD the problem is in. Worth a try! =)

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

However, "Force Appearance Update (Rebake)" might - also under Avatar Health

Apparently I'm wearing a skin on top of maitreya, and I don't have another skin to replace it.. Mabye thats why I can't take off this dress?

21 minutes ago, VixenBelle said:

Apparently I'm wearing a skin on top of maitreya, and I don't have another skin to replace it.. Mabye thats why I can't take off this dress?

The skin is applied to a layer that is under Tattoo, Underwear, and Clothing - so it shouldn't impact a dress applier.

Worst case -- pull out a new copy of the body and/or HUD.

So the OP said "recently" for the body and it hasn't been updated since Bento hands so I don't think that is it. Looking up the dress (assuming this is the dress, it appears to be mesh, sculpt and appliers.

From the listing:

Strapless Chain-Ray Dress. Sexy Sparkly Clubwear Dress with Chains.

Includes: 
- Strapless Chain-Ray Dress in 8 Colors 
- Sculpted Skirt Prim with Seamless Texture 
- Fitted Mesh Skirt in 5 Standard SIzes (XXS / XS / S / M / L) 
- Bangles (Left & Right) 
- Includes Appliers for OMEGA Applier System 
- Includes Appliers for Slink Physique 
- Includes Installer for The Mesh Project (TMP) 
- Includes Appliers for Maitreya Mesh Body

Since the reviews on this are from 2012 and there is a SCULPT, we can assume it is OLD. There is a possibility that it just won't work with a body made five years later. It might actually be "defective". 

Note to the OP since we say this often. THERE SHOULD BE A DEMO. If their isn't a DEMO with mesh clothing you are taking a big risk.  That being said, if in fact it is a product that will no longer work --- the demo would have been faulty too LOL.

Now and then, things DO go wrong and it isn't "our" fault.  Happens. So starting over with a "clean" out of the box body might be the only thing to do. If needed you can always get a redelivery at the Maitreya store. 

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

So the OP said "recently" for the body and it hasn't been updated since Bento hands so I don't think that is it. Looking up the dress (assuming this is the dress, it appears to be mesh, sculpt and appliers.

From the listing:

Strapless Chain-Ray Dress. Sexy Sparkly Clubwear Dress with Chains.

Includes: 
- Strapless Chain-Ray Dress in 8 Colors 
- Sculpted Skirt Prim with Seamless Texture 
- Fitted Mesh Skirt in 5 Standard SIzes (XXS / XS / S / M / L) 
- Bangles (Left & Right) 
- Includes Appliers for OMEGA Applier System 
- Includes Appliers for Slink Physique 
- Includes Installer for The Mesh Project (TMP) 
- Includes Appliers for Maitreya Mesh Body

Since the reviews on this are from 2012 and there is a SCULPT, we can assume it is OLD. There is a possibility that it just won't work with a body made five years later. It might actually be "defective". 

Note to the OP since we say this often. THERE SHOULD BE A DEMO. If their isn't a DEMO with mesh clothing you are taking a big risk.  That being said, if in fact it is a product that will no longer work --- the demo would have been faulty too LOL.

Now and then, things DO go wrong and it isn't "our" fault.  Happens. So starting over with a "clean" out of the box body might be the only thing to do. If needed you can always get a redelivery at the Maitreya store. 

Thank you so much for all this information! You helped a lot.. just got the redelivery. I had no idea I could do that!

20 minutes ago, VixenBelle said:

Thank you so much for all this information! You helped a lot.. just got the redelivery. I had no idea I could do that!

I'd recommend saving a copy of the original unpacked box of your Lara body, for any other times when things get borked -- it does happen unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'd recommend saving a copy of the original unpacked box of your Lara body, for any other times when things get borked -- it does happen unfortunately.

Will do, thank you so much for your time and everything.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.