Age verification isn't working

Kugal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Anyone else having trouble using the Age verification on the site? For some reason no matter what info I give it I still get the reply that it failed and they don't really have a good enough help system to assist me on this like a tech service I can call or email...a GM would be nice.

This question has been coming up way too much over the last few weeks that it no longer seems to be resident issue and rather seems to be LL has changed something, perhaps they even have discontinued that beta service and will replace it with something completely different. Like everything LL does they do it without notifyling the residents so I wouldn't be surprised. One rsident posted that she was told to get a premium account first, which I find odd. 

ETA: I have already age verified 5 avis with my info and I am afraid to use my info one more time to test whether there is an issue. But it would be nice if somebody here who has successfuly verified their age recently and would like to test the site with an alt using the same info used it would help to prove whether or not LL has changed something. 

With that being said,

If you are age verified already, will LL require you to get a premium account? That is a main question I am sure everyone will have if this does happen. A lot of us don't have the time or the patience to go through the whole verification system again. And of course there are the people who can't afford a premium account cause they are either poor, or using all the money they have because they are in college/university.

I myself, am only 18, and I have yet to find a job... Even if I DO get one, the money will be going to my tuition fund for college and the rest will be used for needs. I am age verified, and if they put this system in place, then I can't afford a premium account at all.

"Account verification" as opposed to "Age verfication" simply requires you to have a payment method on file, you do not need to actualy pay anything.

Both count as "adult verification" and either will get you in to location that are simply restricted by an adult sim rating. However some location may choose to specficaly require one or the other or both at a parcel level, so it could be useful to have both. 

I already put my credit card info in my account and purchased an item in order to have it on file but for some reason there is still no change so I may just have to give up on this failed online community and tell others who ask about second life to stay away because they simply arent worth it.

I'm with Kugal on that. I not only have a payment method on file, but have "successfully" ran through the age verification. By successfully, I mean it goes through, says that it was a success and still does nothing to my account. This was a huge disappointment as this is only my second day playing. The game is convoluted enough to a new player; it's huge, there are so many different commands and things not listed, I'm finding it difficult to even know where to begin, only to top it off by having the one thing blocked that could keep my interest long enough to figure out what does what and what half the stuff people are talking about even means. This is so not a new player friendly game, and to run into a bug like this so soon into playing is very disheartening.

@ Tailone and everyone elese who has succesffuly age verified.

Once you have age verified you have one more step to do or you will not be able to access M and A land. You need to change your preferences to allow your viewer to access this.

Go to Me > Preferences > General "I want to access content rated" and select what you want.

Artanis Nexen wrote:

With that being said,

If you are age verified already, will LL require you to get a premium account?

i've been age verified since back in the day when you didn't need a premium account to manually verify you don't need a premium account or payment info on file having one or both of those is enough to adult verify you which will get you on adult rated land that doesn't require you to be age verified. even when age verification was in beta i wouldn't have said it worked properly i couldn't verify myself with my info (i had to go manual) but the same info later worked on an alt

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

It's been month since I have verified my age, and even have payment option on file. Yet, I still cannot access the adult option in rations under general tabs, nor can I go into adult rated sims. Not, sure what else to do now haha...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.