Off topic.. ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My thread on this subject was removed but, imo, it's an interesting enough topic to continue with, so...

This "Off Topic" sub-forum was purported, by Lexie Linden, to be what people were asking for when they asked for a general discussion forum, but it's decsription only suggests SL topics, so it isn't what was asked for. And yet, some threads that have nothing whatsoever to do with SL manage to remain intact while others, that also have nothing to do with SL are removed. It's not very consistent, is it? Such decisions are made my the moderators, of course, and the guidelines say that they can't be questioned in the forum. Many forums have a rule stating that moderator decsisions are final but LL has a guideline (not a rule) stating that their decisions can't be questioned here. How stupid is that.

Anyway, if anyone wants to continue the discussion, here's a thread to do it in. My guess is that anyone who wanted to offer their 2c has already done it, but the thread is her (for now) if it's wanted.

Moderators please note:

Only LL has been criticised in this post and there are no "guidelines" or rules against that. Lexie has been sort of criticised for claiming that this sub-forum is what was asked for when it wasn't, and there are no rules or guidelines against that either. In fact, she opened this whole discussion in her sticky thread about this sub-forum.

What does "RIC rolled" mean?

Whatever the reason, some non-SL threads are left alone while others are removed. This gives completely mixed signals which shouldn't happen. Apparently, the word "guidelines" is intended to mean "rules" so, since they are rules, they should be applied consistently, and that's what doesn't happen here.

Ty, Darrius.

I've learned that the mods (whoever they are) only deal with stuff that gets reported, which is a very odd way of moderating a forum though. In other words, they aren't moderators at all - they are just decision makers - that's if they actually look at what gets reported. If they don't, they are merely box tickers. I suppose it's what can be expected from Linden Lab, who are well-known for not doing things well.

well they did take care of a lot of that spam that was just eating up the forums before..

whatever they are doing..i think it's better than the frustration going on when  spam bots and wastedbot would show up on a friday night and spam till monday morning..

the forums may not be 100% what everyone wants all the time..but they are better than they were..

and so are the mods..

atleast from what i've seen so far..

last forums there wasn't even decisions on AR's..people would just AR something and the mod bots would get rid of it..

so ARtards weakend and spam bots weakend..

They say to follow the guidelines of the forums.. if people want to tote the line knowing it may be on that fine line of staying or going.. then it shouldn't be a shock if something goes away..

maybe if people want an rl off topic section ..they should ask them to make a first life section ..maybe that would stop a lot of the confusion..anything  first life related can go in there and it wouldn't get pulled..

just a thought..:smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.