My Vanishing inventory items

SPK338

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

6 hours ago, SPK338 said:

Help!! Much of my things in inventory have vanished from my inventory; that must've happened the last time I cleared my cahce. Is there anyway to get back all I lost from my inventory?

Have a look here and see if any of the steps help you.  

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_missing_inventory

Some are useful for all viewers not just firestorm.  Clearing cache is not considered a good idea these days.  

A bit of background...

Your inventory as seen in the viewer is a list. The master copy of the list lives in the SL system. Your viewer downloads a copy. If your computer were to be vaporized and the smoke blown away, you could log in with the different computer and your inventory would still be there.

What you see in the viewer as your inventory is a list of names, e.g., 'cool dress'. The viewer sees a bit more. It sees a UUID, Universal Unique Identifier, which is a number that identifies the inventory item in the SL System Assets servers. 

Losing your inventory is strictly a user/viewer side issue. LittleMe gave you a link to the Firestorm recovery steps, which are the same for the Linden viewer with some name changes.

If you have a weak connection to the SL servers or a huge but flat inventory, you can have problems downloading your inventory list. Your connection to SL is not the same as having a good general Internet connection. So, if connection may be the problem and you test, be sure to test to the SL servers (Connection Troubleshooting). A flat inventory is one where you have lots of stuff in very few folders, sort of everything in one folder.

Since the viewer downloads the list folder by folder, a huge folder full of stuff (generally >5k items on a decent connection) may time out taking too long. Result, missing inventory.

The Firestorm wiki gives the solutions. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.