Changing Maitreya Shape for Pregnancy?

Seiarah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have the Maitreya Lara body and would like to change the shape to make some pregnancy shapes. However, all the shapes I try to make (and one I've tried on the marketplace) all look really deformed and weird in the belly area. Is this just a problem with the Maitreya shape? Is there something else I can do to make it work better? Or should I use another mesh body?

The Maitreya body only warps well to a certain degree. After that, a rounded belly suddenly looks weird.

Have you tried using "add-on" bellies? The pretty common "Baby Bump" by Apple May Design doesn't really work well with mesh bodies, it seems. but it comes with applier support from several skin creators. 
Have a look at this (yes, specifically the older version, the newer mesh ones look like a train wreck accident) or that one, which appears very modding friendly.
The letdown of those ones are the missing appliers, so you are more or less in a "do it yourself" boat and have to come up with a somewhat matching texture.

Besides that ... I'm fairly certain that there's one body with an "included" pregnancy version. But which one? o.O

Have you tried using "add-on" bellies?

I haven't tried these. I use Mama Allpa so I was hoping for a more natural change. But I guess if that's the only option I'll go with it. I'd rather that than the weird warped Maitreya shape.

Besides that ... I'm fairly certain that there's one body with an "included" pregnancy version. But which one?

I'd be really interested to know what body that is. Does anyone know?

Maitreya doesn't upsize past a certain point, true. You can use the Mama Allpa shape chart to progress naturally to that point, then switch over to a separate add-on belly. Apple May has a Belleza Isis compatible version of the Baby Bump, and is supposedly working on a Maitreya compatible version, but frankly I'll believe it when I see it since it's supposedly been in the works for over a year now. 

Check out the belly from Lab 737. (Inworld - it's not on marketplace.) It's new, omega compatible, and very nice in shape. It does not change size like the AM belly, but it's quite nice for a full-term belly. They have both a Maitreya and a Belleza compatible version (I don't recall which version of Belleza it's for, though), so if you choose it, make sure you get the right version. Omega clothing will work; mesh clothing is supposedly in progress. 

SelenA has a pregnancy add-on for her mesh body that gives you nine "shapes" - basically each their own mesh body, almost - as your pregnancy progresses. Clothing support is, sadly, minimal, although again it's omega compatible. V-Tech also has a multi-shape pregnancy body, but again, limited clothing support. The Evolution body has a full-term belly add-on with limited mesh clothing available, and Kitties Lair has a pregnant version of the Lena Lush body with even more limited clothing options. Both of those are also omega compatible.

There ARE options, but mesh bodies in general only expand so far in the belly area, so add-ons or pregnancy-specific bodies are really a must if that's what you're looking for.

On 10/27/2017 at 7:47 PM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Got it! Evolution's Eve mesh body.

Thank you so much for the help! I'll keep it in mind.

19 hours ago, Ariel Vuissent said:

Check out the belly from Lab 737. (Inworld - it's not on marketplace.) It's new, omega compatible, and very nice in shape. It does not change size like the AM belly, but it's quite nice for a full-term belly. They have both a Maitreya and a Belleza compatible version (I don't recall which version of Belleza it's for, though), so if you choose it, make sure you get the right version. Omega clothing will work; mesh clothing is supposedly in progress. 

Thank you so much for the reply! I decided to go with this option, but now I'm having trouble with the omega appliers to make the belly look like it has a skin and isn't just basic white.

I got the system for both Maitreya and the Lab 373 belly, and am trying to apply the basic Maitreya skin over it. But I have no idea how to and can't seem to find any information online to help. So please help! I'm really lost here...

On the wall where you bought the belly should be an Omega relay. You need to purchase, unpack, and add that, then click it. If I recall correctly, those are the only steps for that particular relay and belly combination. Then add your Omega applier for your skin and click that. It should apply to your belly. Using a maitreya skin applier will not work; it must be an Omega applier. Many skin creators make both maitreya and Omega appliers, so check the store that sells your skin for an Omega skin applier. If you are using a default skin that came with your maitreya body, those are Glam Affair skins.

I did get the omega relay. I think my problem is that I don't have the skin applier. I am using the base Glam Affair skins that come with the Maitreya body. Can I buy the appliers somewhere? I looked at the in game store, but the only thing I found was a sign that said the skins were in the Maitreya HUD, which wasn't terribly helpful.

Off hand I'm actually not sure; I don't use Glam affair. If you have access to area search, use that while in the glamour Affair store and walk around for a while to see if you can find anything that says Omega. Usually, Omega appliers are kept on a wall or in a corner with any other body or body part appliers made by that creator. I don't know why Glam Affair wouldn't make omega appliers, as they're a very popular skin store and Omega is a very popular applier system, but it's been known to happen.

If you can't find them and you're interested in branching out, I do know there are a lot of other skins stores that do make omega appliers and are very high quality. 

I gave up on the Glam Affair appliers and purchased a 7 deadly s[K]ins body omega applier instead. Which I actually really, really like. But the appliers don't seem to be working with the Lab 737 belly. I followed the instructions with how to use it, but it won't apply. I watched the video tutorial on the Omega site, but it still doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

14 hours ago, Seiarah said:

I gave up on the Glam Affair appliers and purchased a 7 deadly s[K]ins body omega applier instead. Which I actually really, really like. But the appliers don't seem to be working with the Lab 737 belly. I followed the instructions with how to use it, but it won't apply. I watched the video tutorial on the Omega site, but it still doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

I wanted to give an update just in case anyone else gets the same problem I had.

I finally got it to work after the wonderful help of the Omega support chat. I just had to redeliver the belly and the omega system, then it worked just fine! It is really nice and is going to be getting updates too. It fits -perfectly- on the Maitreya body.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.