Inventory issue with unpacking items and having to repeat the process after taking up them bag or box.

Umayalanaraku

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My wife is having trouble with some of her inventory. She will unpack an item, copy it to her inventory but when she takes back the bag or box some of the stuff will automatically repack themselves and she has to repeat the process. Not all the inventory is doing this but several are doing this. She keeps having to repeat unpacking the same objects because they repack themselves after she takes up the bag or box. What could cause this and how do we fix the issue.

2 answers to this question

That's not quite what's happening.  When you unpack a box, the contents are copied into a folder in your inventory.  You may then simply delete the box.  Don't Take it again. Keep the original in your inventory in case you ever need to re-rez the entire thing -- as a backup.  Then use the contents of the new folder in inventory whenever you want to wear or rez items.

• Like 1

I agree with Rolig, I think you are not understanding what's going on.  Unpacked items NEVER "repack themselves."

However, a lot of things are copyable.  When you unpack a copyable item, a copy goes into your inventory, and the original stays in the box.  No Copy items behave more like you'd expect...they move from the box to your inventory, leaving an empty box.

You can keep the boxed item in your inventory, as a backup.  Or you can delete the box, both in world and (assuming a copy is still in your inventory) there as well.  This is what I usually do, simply to cut down on the clutter.  Besides, I like living life on the edge.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.