Waste of time

Mvriposa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recently, I was on SL and then for some reason, it froze and completely shut out. My computer then did an update. When I tried to log back into SL, my top bar was gone and I couldn't directly click on anything. I've looked iup ways to fix it, but nothing seems to work. I am very much upset & disappointed that this issue is not resolved. This is stupid that I have to make the extra steps to just make sure my SL works right. I have a brand new computer that I've only had for a few months, so I know it's not me. This issue makes me feel like I have completely wasted my time and money on this game. How long has this been a problem? And when do you guys plan on fixing it? I know I am not the only one having this problem. 

81ece7d8209bc5d5d98e47c736269d00.jpg

If your viewer crashes on your brand new computer and said computer then installs an update (an update to what, by the way... Windows? Antivirus? Drivers?) and then you start having problems, the chances are extremely high that the issue is on your end and anything else would be a funny coincidence.

Looking at the details of the pics, you seem to be running on very low graphic settings. May I assume that you are running on an Intel HD integrated graphics unit?
The look and the problems you mentioned strongly point at this: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_intel_issues ... second paragraph, "Viewer Screen Is Too Large, Top Menu Bar Is Missing, and Click Area Is Too Low". Have you tried the suggested driver rollback?
What else did you try?  

If that didn't help you at all, more details about your setup are needed, please. Either the exact type / model name of your machine or a proper list of its components (CPU and graphics at the very least).

1 hour ago, Mvriposa said:

Recently, I was on SL and then for some reason, it froze and completely shut out. My computer then did an update. When I tried to log back into SL, my top bar was gone and I couldn't directly click on anything. I've looked iup ways to fix it, but nothing seems to work. I am very much upset & disappointed that this issue is not resolved. This is stupid that I have to make the extra steps to just make sure my SL works right. I have a brand new computer that I've only had for a few months, so I know it's not me. This issue makes me feel like I have completely wasted my time and money on this game. How long has this been a problem? And when do you guys plan on fixing it? I know I am not the only one having this problem. 

81ece7d8209bc5d5d98e47c736269d00.jpg

It's not you. Nor is it Second Life.  It's Microsoft and Intel.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-100858

Do you happen to have an HP Laptop with Intel graphics?
There has been a big surge in reports of https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-100858 over the last few days because HP Laptops (with locked OEM drivers) appear to have forced an intel graphics driver update, which unfortunately updated everyone to the buggy Intel driver that causes this bug.  The bug is the fault of the Intel graphics driver, not SL/LL.

If you have a system that doesn't have locked OEM drivers, then updating to the latest Intel driver will fix this problem: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27058/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?product=88345
Attempting to install that driver on a system that has locked OEM drivers shouldn't break anything, the installer should just tell you that the driver is incompatible with your system & refuse to install it.

If you do have a laptop with locked OEM drivers (which means you can only install driver from the laptop manufacturers website) then you need to roll back the graphics driver to a previous version which doesn't have the bug, unless the laptop manufactuer has made the most recent intel driver with the fix available.

If all else fails, you can work around the problem, by running the viewer in full screen mode.,
On the LL viewer, do this as follows:
Activate the Advanced menu in the top menu bar using CTRL+ALT+D.
Advanced -> Show debug settings -> FullScreen -> Set this to TRUE.
Then Restart the viewer.
To turn full screen mode off again, set the debug settings FullScreen back to FALSE & relog.

I have a nasty feeling you may not be able to see the top menu bar in the viewer though.  If you can't fix this by updating/rolling back the graphics driver, it's possible to enable FullScreen by editing an xml file in the viewer.  If you need help doing that, just ask here & I'll give you instructions.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mvriposa said:

How long has this been a problem? And when do you guys plan on fixing it?

Just a side note - this is a Resident forum and as such LL only periodically reads some of the posts.  If you truly ever need to ask LL Support questions, you should open a support ticket from you Dashboard.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.