Sim/Region down for almost a WEEK!

LoganNJ1013

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can someone please give me some clue what the problem is with the Nude Beach Region, specifically, Naturist Sunland Beach??  Been down for almost a week!  Owners claim LL server issue, but can't believe it's taking this long to fix!  Getting extremely frustrating!  I have my home there and can't access it all week!  Does LL intend to reimburse all those losing L$ daily because they can't fix their problems??  Any info from anyone with any knowledge of the situation would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

29 minutes ago, LoganNJ1013 said:

Does LL intend to reimburse all those losing L$ daily because they can't fix their problems??

No, at least not directly. If there are any reimbursements to be paid to tenants, it's the sim owner's responsibility to do so and then perhaps Linden Lab's responsibiity to reimburse the sim owner.

34 minutes ago, LoganNJ1013 said:

Any info from anyone with any knowledge of the situation would be greatly appreciated.

I checked and the sim is online but closed to the public. The most likely explanation is that the region settings have been messed up either by accident by the sim owner or through some weird and unknown bug.

Hello ChinRey,

Thank you for your response and for taking the time to look into this.  I'm probably less concerned about the reimbursement then I am about the lack of access for so long....it's just becoming very frustrating.  And not just to the rental but to numerous non-copy items as well.  Anyway...I guess I'm just hoping to get at least some kind of explanation of the problem and a solid timeframe for a fix.  I may just throw in the towel and move on to somewhere else, hoping to be able get re-delivery of lost items...bc frankly all dealings with this sim and it's owners has been slow and frustrating....but unfortunately, I do happen to really like the rental unit.  But, I digress....Thank you again, ChinRey.  And if anyone has any further info, I'd appreciate it.

3 hours ago, LoganNJ1013 said:

I'm probably less concerned about the reimbursement then I am about the lack of access for so long....it's just becoming very frustrating.  

This is something to take up with the estate owner.

The region is up and contactable, a teleport in shows that the estate owner/managers has locked it. Reasons for this could be things like they messed up, or they sold it to someone else.

Only the estate owner/managers can fix this, they need to enter the region, hit Alt+R and unlock it.

Anyway...I guess I'm just hoping to get at least some kind of explanation of the problem and a solid timeframe for a fix. 

The fix is less than 2 seconds. The estate owner/manager pressing Alt-R and ticking public access then saving.

I may just throw in the towel and move on to somewhere else, hoping to be able get re-delivery of lost items

Maybe.

Once your rental runs out, or they conclude selling it (if that's what they are doing) then you should find all your items returns and in lost and found as a conglomeration. Go to a sandbox and rez the conglomeration and take each item back one by one.

Good luck in talking to the estate owner - ask them to "please tick anyone can visit on the region/estate control panel".

estate.thumb.jpg.93eaec494aa2610e8870e75675f8e101.jpg

Edit: I will add one quick comment here as an edit. The Lab's concierge team (they are the ones who would deal with a true region failure, and not a fake one like your case) are the most amazing, speedy, and supportive support team in all of the Lab. When an estate owner chats to them about region problems, in my experience, they really work hard to get that problem fixed super-fast, and they keep up the communications along side that. As an estate owner myself, I can never say enough good things about the service the Lab give there.

Edited by Callum Meriman

Hello Callum!  Thank you very much!  Sounds very similar to what ChinRey was saying.  And to be honest, it sounds much more likely to be the case, given my dealings with the owners up to this point.  They seem very disorganized, I had to get a second unit because the first never worked the way it was supposed to, they're next to impossible to get a hold of and a response from, and when I finally do communicate, there's a bit of a language barrier I think much gets lost in translation.  I STILL don't have an answer as to how to work the security system!  lol

But it's all very good advice, and I'll try one last ditch effort to contact them and attempt to explain what you've suggested.

Great tip on the lost and found...Thank you!  I thought about that, but didn't know how it would work after what would essentially be an expired rental...was afraid I might lose some items.

I'll keep that in mind about the LL team and try to contact them directly should I have any issues in the future.  I would have imagined that would be the case, but being rather new, I don't quite understand the technical details of how things operate just yet.  I also wasn't sure who to contact or how, so I was trying to deal with the owners and could only go by what they were telling me.

Anyway, greatly appreciate the time and help from both of you!  Hope this can all be worked out soon.  Have a good one!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.