Is the dance machine suppose to let me dance?

HellboundHeathcliff

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Funny, it worked for me the other day. Maybe a Linden needs to bang on it.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, I visited three of the Social Island instances just now and the dance machine worked on all three of them.  Cool dances too. Maybe you just had bad luck or caught one that was turned off for some reason.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

Cool!  A dancing avatar is a happy avatar.  :)

For the future .... Even the best dance machines in SL have a habit of getting stuck sometimes. It may have something to do with lag in populated regions, or with people trying to click them from too far away, or .... goodness knows what.  Well-designed dance machines often have some sort of auto-reset script in them, meant to jump start the machine every once in a while even if it doesn't need it.  If you find a machine that doesn't work, the best thing to do is to notify the owner, if you can locate him/her. (For those machines in Social Island, submit a support case, so Linden Lab knows to send someone out to kick it.)  If you can't contact the owner, or would just rather not, then just come back another time. Chances are that that the autorestart will have kicked in by then.

• Like 2

I noticed this happens sometimes, i use to think it was because the region was very populated and it must turn off to reduce lag or something, but sometimes it didnt work when it was just a few people there. I think its just a bit iffy and bugs out sometimes, usually i just went to a different Island, it usually worked if i went back an hour later or whatever.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.