Hurricane Irma

Jeny Howlett

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Chase01 said:

These were the prices leading up the storm. At that time the product could still be delivered. The Florida AG had a hotline setup for people to report price gouging.

The problem is that those aren't being sold by the actual companies nor amazon. They are third party resellers. I would bet those are fairly standard prices, aside from the $100 one, as they all offer free shipping. Straight from Poland Spring the prices are fairly the same as you would get at a grocery store. Honestly, just as we in New England start stocking up for the winter, I wonder at the lack of stocking up for Hurricane season... I have 6 24 pack 1 liter bottles in my pantry, Plenty of canned and dried goods, plenty of candles, flashlights, lanterns and my small propane grill ready to go for the winter when we will inevitably lose power for a few days. 

15 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

The problem is that those aren't being sold by the actual companies nor amazon. They are third party resellers. I would bet those are fairly standard prices, aside from the $100 one, as they all offer free shipping. Straight from Poland Spring the prices are fairly the same as you would get at a grocery store. Honestly, just as we in New England start stocking up for the winter, I wonder at the lack of stocking up for Hurricane season... I have 6 24 pack 1 liter bottles in my pantry, Plenty of canned and dried goods, plenty of candles, flashlights, lanterns and my small propane grill ready to go for the winter when we will inevitably lose power for a few days. 

Regardless, the AG can still take action. Third party vendors could be denied or suspended from future distribution through Amazon, receive fines, or a host of other things. Amazon already took action and shut down multiple vendors that were found to be price gouging.

I don't know what the prices are like up your way, but in my area they aren't anywhere remotely close to that. For example, the 24 Pack of Poland Spring  that's listed for $36.72—I can buy 3 of those for $11 in my area. The only way that price would even remotely make sense is doing priority overnight shipping for an AM delivery the following day, which this was not.

Edited by Chase01

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.