love hats but need help please

Mila00001

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

36 minutes ago, Mila00001 said:

Hi all *waves*

I love to wear my cartwheel hats. However, getting them to fit well is....a challenge.  Example of cartwheel hat   

I don't want them to ride too high on my head or be a bit too large for my head. I'm trying to wear the "flattest" hair possible.

Suggestions ? Thanks all!

Mila

Assuming that you can't find hats you like that include hair, try finding a modifiable hat that comes with hair and is worn at the same angle that you want to wear your good hats. Then edit it to get rid of the hat and wear the remaining hair alone, making it easier to have the hat be a reasonable size for your head.

Look for editable hair styles with lots of pieces. Those will allow you to move/resize the pieces that poke through the hat. That may or may not produce acceptable results, only experimentation will tell...

59ad832588e63_HatHair.thumb.jpg.3644221487af36a06f19a8843cfb84b7.jpg

My hairstyle is almost perfect for wearing hats. It has 255 little prims. It's also a terror for rendering cost, so there's no free lunch. Since that photo, I've reduced the size of the fedora and it looks even better. Flat hair styles that follow the contour of your noggin may not need much pushing and shoving to work. Make sure you do all your experimenting on copies of your hair, so you're looking for Copy/Mod permissions on any style you buy.

Good luck!

ETA: Note Bitsy's advice to avoid mesh hair if you want to edit it. The style I'm wearing is sculpted.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

The hat in your picture would suit the classic slicked-back Spanish hair style with a chignon at the base of the neck. This style from Amacci comes close but might be too high (it's a hair base + 'attachment' for the chignon). https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Amacci-Hair-Attachment-Betty-Dark-Brown-Pack/3927349

+elua+ has a pony tail called Sheena which includes a hat version. It's my go to pirating and musketeering and hippying, though I'm not sure if it would be elegant enough for yours. I'll have a poke in inventory later to see if I can find anything else.

If you don't require mesh, sometimes sculpted hair can be modified (bits alphaed out, reangled or moved). It's fun when it works, the 'when it works part' being key.

edit: See Maddy's for an example of how to mod sculpted hair. We posted at the same time too. Great minds, eh? :D

Edited by Bitsy Buccaneer
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.