my frinde was banned becuase of false reports about him

wolfiedog

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

my frinde was banned becuase of false reports about him cackle's
(Rueagon Vyceratops)
  was banned by admin after some people reported him for wrong doing in sl

he was rported becuase the were mad at him he got into a fight with the dj at the club he made a pass

at the dj he did not know the dj was not in to males as the dj did not list his sex perfance in his profile

cackle's
(Rueagon Vyceratops)
is a nice person he dose not derserve to have this done to him he had a lot of avatars in his account one was birthday present from me

we are mates in sl and i have reproted users for for wrong doing and they are still on here so why ban someone who is not doing anything just because the

people got mad at him. the reason i am doing this and not him is no one will respond to him his name  cackle's
(Rueagon Vyceratops)

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

• Moderators

Hello wolfiedog,

I am sorry to hear that your friend had their Second Life Account terminated.

Linden Lab only terminates accounts when there are serious, or repeated, violations of the Terms of Service.  

A disagreement that happened between your friend and a DJ on a private region is considered a user to user issue and Linden Lab does not mediate issues between users. 

For security and privacy reasons, Linden Lab does not discuss issues related to an account with anyone other than the account holder.  You may ask your friend why their Second Life account was terminated, but depending upon the real reason why, they may not be willing to tell you, and may not tell you the truth.

• Like 6

Linden Lab will rarely ban anyone from Second Life, and they will only do it if the person has made a very serious TOS violation.  They will never ban anyone simply because another resident sends in a report.  They investigate all suspected TOS violations by studying their own records to verify Abuse Reports.  Therefore, if your friend was really banned from SL, he must have done something extremely bad and Linden Lab must have some very solid proof.

On the other hand, if your friend was simply tossed out of a club and banned from the region, Linden Lab has nothing to do with it.  Any landowner can ban or eject anyone at any time, even without a reason.  The landowner does not need to explain why the person was banned.  If that's what happened to your friend, tell him to find a different club and forget about the one he has been banned from.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Linden Lab will rarely ban anyone from Second Life, and they will only do it if the person has made a very serious TOS violation.  They will never ban anyone simply because another resident sends in a report.  They investigate all suspected TOS violations by studying their own records to verify Abuse Reports.  Therefore, if your friend was really banned from SL, he must have done something extremely bad and Linden Lab must have some very solid proof.

On the other hand, if your friend was simply tossed out of a club and banned from the region, Linden Lab has nothing to do with it.  Any landowner can ban or eject anyone at any time, even without a reason.  The landowner does not need to explain why the person was banned.  If that's what happened to your friend, tell him to find a different club and forget about the one he has been banned from.

no his acount was locked it was called cackle's
(Rueagon Vyceratops)
  was his favorite the only thing he did was have a fight with the dj and the other users got mad at hi, and made false reports to LL

he gose by the rules the rules and has since i met him  he is a bet opinionated abut things but are we not are

8 minutes ago, wolfiedog said:

no his acount was locked it was called cackle's

Then he must have done something very nasty indeed -- much more than simply a fight with a DJ.  There is nothing that anyone here can do about it.  This is a resident-to-resident Answers area.  Lindens rarely come here and they will never discuss personal issues like this.  Your friend should pay close attention to any message from Linden Lab.  If they offer him any sort of appeal, the message will explain how to do it.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

can

3 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Then he must have done something very nasty indeed.  There is nothing that anyone here can do about it.  This is a resident-to-resident Answers area.  Lindens rarely come here and they will never discuss personal issues like this.  Your friend should pay close attention to any message from Linden Lab.  If they offer him any sort of appeal, the message will explain how to do it.

can anyone tell me hot to get in touch with the admin so i can tell him how to

and i know this person in rl he is a honest man

Edited by wolfiedog

Absolutely nobody can do that.  If your friend has a question about his status, he will have to ask for himself.  You cannot ask for him. As I said before, if Linden Lab has offered him an opportunity to appeal, the instructions will be in the message that they sent him.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.